After winning hearts all over the South, she’s now making heads turn in Bollywood. With her much-acclaimed performance in Barfi, Ileana D’cruz has proved that it’s not only luck but talent and hard work as well that keeps one afloat in the fickle film industry. In a chat with DC, the dusky beauty who, within few months of her debut is already the ambassador of the national brand, Head and Shoulders declares being upbeat about life, both “personally and professionally”.
She has just finished shooting Phata Poster Nikla Hero with Shahid Kapur. What’s he like to work with? “Shahid is great fun and no, he is not an introvert! He’s a brat! But that’s what made the shoot more fun!” she laughs.
Has she left the Telugu film industry for good or does she plan to return? “I don’t like the word — comeback. I haven’t left the industry to make a ‘comeback’; I’m busy with other work,” she argues.
There have been whisperings about a movie directed by Srinu Vaitla. Is it true? “As of now, I haven’t signed anything. I’d love to work in Telugu movies provided I get a good script,” is her safe and diplomatic reply.
With a busy schedule, does she find the time to relax? “No I don’t. Though my life is really busy, I’m glad I moved,” she says.
How much has life changed since she moved to Mumbai? “I’ve evolved as a person and become more independent and stronger,” she admits.
In a hectic life, friends can be a welcome break. Has she managed to make any in B’town? “I’m choosy about my friends and I take time,” is all she reveals.
So what does the future hold for Ileana? “It’s too early to discuss my film projects now. I will ,when the time is right,” she says. Any plans to tie the knot? “No! Marriage is too huge a decision. I have a long way to go. For now, I haven’t even given it a thought!” says the glamorous star.

More stils

Keywords: Bollywood, Barfi, Ileana D’cruz, film industry, ambassador,Phata Poster ,Nikla Hero , Shahid Kapur, Srinu Vaitla,Ileana, Marriage ,Hindi film news,Bollywood film news, glamorous star.