Out-on-bail Indian pacer S Sreesanth sought divine intervention in his efforts to emerge clean from the IPL spot-fixing scandal as he paid obeisance at the Sabarimala Ayyappa temple, insisting that he has not done anything wrong.

"I haven't done anything wrong to get accused in the spot fixing case. Some minor lapses might have happened on my side in the past. But I am totally innocent in the present case. I am confident of proving that," he told reporters after offering prayers at the hill shrine.

"With the blessings of Lord Ayyappa, I will come out clean and that will be a new Sreesanth," he added.

Accompanied by his father Santhakumaran Nair and other close family members, Sreesanth arrived at the temple Friday evening, trekking the five km path from the base camp to the shrine located atop the Sabari hill.

Sreesanth and Rajasthan Royals teammate Ankeet Chavan were released on bail on June 11.

The duo and another RR player Ajit Chandila were arrested on May 16, along with 11 bookies, from Mumbai by Delhi police and charged under Indian Penal Code Section 420 and 120B, which deal with fraud, cheating and criminal conspiracy.

Sreesanth more stills

Keywords:Indian pacer ,S Sreesanth , divine intervention , IPL, Sabarimala Ayyappa temple, innocent, hill shrine, Lord Ayyappa, Santhakumaran Nair, Sabari hill, Rajasthan Royals, Ankeet Chavan,RR player, Ajit Chandila, bookies,Delhi police, Indian Penal Code Section,fraud, cheating ,cricket news,sports news, criminal conspiracy