Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravindra Jadeja are best of friends. Be it sharing the dressing room for Saurashtra or donning the India cap, nobody knows Jadeja better than statemate Pujara.

At a time, when Jadeja is making his presence felt in the Indian team, Pujara feels determination has been the key to success for his good old friend.

At a time, when his friend is making his presence felt in the ODI team, Pujara says that Jadeja's recent effort with the ball reminds him of Anil Kumble. "He has shades of Anil bhai.

Just like Kumble, Jadeja too doesn't turn the ball much but if you are facing him, you have to be ready for some tough times," Pujara said. "He maintains line and length and as a batsman you need to be very careful.

There's a similarity between him and Monty Panesar. You need to have patience and wait for the opportunity. That's the biggest test a batsman faces while facing Ravindra."

Having played together for Saurashtra, Pujara has seen Jadeja from close quarters and the batsman feels playing to his strengths has worked well for the 24-year old all-rounder. "There were rough patches but he has proved his class.

He was always a good fielder, but over the years he has focused a lot on his batting as well," Pujara said. Talking about the tough times Jadeja has been through, Pujara said, "He was always determined to bounce back.

The domestic tournaments have helped him. It's not easy to score triple centuries, but he has done that too," Pujara said, adding: "He is a mature cricketer now."

Pujara feels the 'Sir' jokes on Jadeja actually ended up having an inspiring effect. "Initially we would make fun of 'Sir', but I guess he took it positively and look at his performance today. 'Sir' has proved his mettle," Pujara laughed.

If Jadeja's performance is keeping him happy, Pujara is now waiting for his turn to make it to the ODI team. "Yes, it's a bit unfortunate to sit out since I want to play in all the three formats.

But then, I'm working on my fitness and hopefully things will turn my way," said an optimistic Pujara, who is now setting his sights on the South Africa tour.

Pujara also feels India's good show in England will boost the team after the spot-fixing controversy. "Because of a few people you can't bring the whole game into disrepute. We have moved on and I think the way we are playing in England is really praiseworthy," Pujara said.

Cheteshwar Pujara More stills

Keywords:Cheteshwar Pujara , Ravindra Jadeja , India cap,ODI team,Anil Kumble, Anil bhai, Monty Panesar, Saurashtra, cricketer,sports news,cricket news