She is young, vivacious and has played the love struck romantic in films, but actress Sonam Kapoor confesses that she has not been lucky when it came to love in real life. Born with a silver spoon, the daughter of actor Anil Kapoor and former model Sunita was said to be dating I Hate Luv Storys director Punit Malhotra and was also romantically linked to her Mausam co-star Shahid Kapoor.
But in a candid confession, she said: “My love life has been quite unsuccessful. I am single, but I think human beings have the capacity to love.”
The 27-year-old feels love is not a restricted feeling.
“I don’t think you can fall in love only once. You can fall in love over and over again. We have the capacity and we have the heart to do that,” said Sonam.
Her real life romance has not been inspiring, but on the screen she has been part of several love stories, including her debut film Saawariya as well as mushy dramas such as I Hate Luv Storys and Aisha.
Her forthcoming film Raanjhanaa also belongs to the same genre. In the film, she will be seen romancing southern star Dhanush, who is making his Bollywood debut with the Anand L Rai directed movie.
When asked about her chemistry with Dhanush in Raanjhanaa, Sonam said: “Chemistry is not between two people, it’s between two characters. Chemistry gets created by moments. For example, Shahid and Kareena had done many films together, but people never spoke about their chemistry. But when they did Jab We Metbecause of the scenes and their roles, people liked it.” She insists that chemistry can be created through “acting, scenes and the way the director projects it. Chemistry is a very overdone, overspoken thing”.
Raanjhanaa was shot in Varanasi and the actress admits being nervous while giving her first shot in the holy city.
“It wasn’t difficult, I was nervous doing it. When I was in Varanasi, about 200 people were there when I gave my first shot,” she said.
She was in a “school uniform” for the shot and was surrounded by men. They accepted us very well, but I was nervous while shooting”.
Dhanush is not familiar with Hindi and he struggled with the dialogues, but Sonam feels that when it comes to emotions, language has never been a barrier.
“He is very quiet and modest… he worked hard on the language. When it comes to emotions, you don’t need a language to express it. He expressed himself beautifully. He is such a creative person,” she said.
Although most of her films bombed at the box office, the actress doesn’t regret anything.
“I don’t regret anything because when I was doing films like Thank You and Mausam, I decided to do the films that satisfied me. I don’t look at films with their box-office success. I want that 20 years down the line, people should remember my films,” she explained.

Sonam Kapoor More stills

Keywords: romantic , Sonam Kapoor , love,real life,Anil Kapoor , model Sunita, Punit Malhotra ,Mausam , Shahid Kapoor, Saawariya , I Hate Luv Storys ,Aisha, Raanjhanaa, Dhanush, Anand L Rai ,emotions,Hindi film news,Bolywood film news