GHANCHAKKAR releases today and the verdict would be out soon. However before audience feedback starts pouring in, the film's leading lady promises that there is a lot more to the film than what has met the eyes so far.

"I can assure that there would be surprises for sure," says Vidya who was last seen in KAHAANI, "In this film you would be laughing all along and then get completely drawn into all the madness. You would be busy figuring out that who is who and aakhir paise kiske paas hai. Aap haste haste phaste jaaoge aur phaste phaste haste rahoge. In a comic suspense thriller, there are bound to be a lot of twists and turns. GHANCHAKKAR is no different. It is totally unpredictable."

For Vidya, it was a challenge no less to step out of five back to back serious films (KAHAANI, THE DIRTY PICTURE, NO ONE KILLED JESSICA, ISHQIYA, PAA) and walk into a comedy which required her to play an out of shape Punjabi housewife.

Laughs Vidya, "Well, if THE DIRTY PICTURE challenged my vanity then it has been completely destroyed in GHANCHAKKAR. Honestly, I could have done that only with (director) Rajkumar (Gupta). I am fortunate to have worked with directors like Milan (Luthria), Sujoy (Ghosh) and now Rajkumar. With them, I could just surrender myself as a woman and an actress. See, body is such an important part of an actress' identity and to challenge that is really something. Still, I have gone ahead and did that. It did require some will power and conviction for sure."

Now one waits to see if this has indeed paid off in this UTV production which has Emraan Hashmi playing the title role of 'Ghanchakkar'.

Vidya Balan more stills

Keywords:GHANCHAKKAR,Vidya , KAHAANI, aakhir paise kiske paas hai, THE DIRTY PICTURE, NO ONE KILLED JESSICA, ISHQIYA, PAA,comedy , Punjabi housewife,Luthria, Sujoy ,Ghosh, Rajkumar, UTV production,