Former Australian wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist joined the voice of discontent over the Decision Review System. The first Ashes Test in Trent Bridge resulted in a thrilling 14-run for England but was dominated by debate over the DRS and Stuart Broad's decision not to 'walk'.

Gilchrist added weight to India's disapproval of the system claiming that the game is overall 'poorer' by its inclusion. "The Trent Bridge Test focused the light clearly on the Decision Review System, and overall I think the game is poorer for its inclusion. The spontaneity and drama, the magic and intrigue that Test cricket always possessed has been lost. The reality and finality of seeing the umpire's finger raised has been erased, because everyone now looks to the batsman or fielding captain to see their response," Gilchrist told a website.

The former keeper-bat pointed that 'glaring' errors are still taking place on the field. "I have always found it a frustration that under the DRS a player can question an umpire's decision. One of the strongest elements of the spirit of any sport is not questioning the umpires or referees," he stressed.

Gilchrist also said he's starting to understand India's 'reluctance' in accepting the system. "For the first time, I'm starting to understand India's reluctance to go with the system. It's not a remedy that seems to have cured the problem. In fact, it may even have become more of a problem," the 96-Test veteran said.

More stills

Keywords:Australian wicketkeeper ,Adam Gilchrist , Ashes Test , Trent Bridge, DRS , Stuart Broad,umpire, remedy,cricket news,sports news