It's not very often that one hears one captaincy candidate praising another. India's vice-captain Virat Kohli named Mumbai batsman Rohit Sharma as captaincy material and one of those in line to replace present skipper MS Dhoni when relinquishes captaincy.

"Rohit has a tremendous cricketing brain. I often take his advice during matches. He has shown his capability while leading Mumbai Indians in the IPL," Kohli said when asked who apart from him and Dhoni had the ability to lead the Indian team.

Kohli, who led India to a 5-0 series whitewash in Zimbabwe, feels captaincy is all about taking on the responsibility and he enjoys every bit of it. "I got a chance to become the captain in Zimbabwe. I like to be a captain and take responsibility," said Kohli, on a day when he was nominated for the Arjuna Award. He was in Lucknow for a promotional event.

"As batsmen, we focus only on ourselves. But as a captain we have to look into every aspect. We have to deal with each and every player. Though the responsibility increases manifold it is a great challenge," he added.

On being branded aggressive on the field, Kohli said that he never gestures at anyone. But he also indicated that he was trying to curb 'excessive aggression.'

More stills

Keywords:India's vice-captain, Virat Kohli , Mumbai batsman, Rohit Sharma , skipper MS Dhoni , Mumbai Indians , IPL, Arjuna Award,cricket news,sports news