Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PROBLEM wid RESOLUTION help !!!

Default I know!

The construction of this site is very very simple...
    And all elements are CENTERED...
    MENU is in TABLE...
    iFRAME is CENTERED...
    but BACKGROUND... isn't! and background causes that unfit effect...

BTW: can U see in menu Rollover Effects? because in my friend PC there aren't any rollovers... ;(

I can see the effect on the status bar, if that's what you are talking about.

btw, what values are u using for the dimensions.........absolute or relative?
    like height, width, etc........have u used % or absolute values?

I used absolute dimensions (in pixels). Is that my problem??
    How can I change absolute to relative?? And what can I do wid that background?? :?:

Default ZooM: i just had a look at your page

Well, man, that's not how we do these things today, but thats another story. The most important mistake is that besides the menu&the frame everything is background. Both your html markup & your javascript code have mistakes... That's not good at all, but anyway:
    You can do the following (I will never do it like this, but that's the simplest solution to your problem, I think): Define the background of <body> to be only the grey color without the top pic and the blue frame. Make another image from the top pic and the blue frame (just cut it from your background.gif). Lets call this new picture NEWPIC.gif Then add the following:
    * AFTER <BODY> the line
    <center>
    <div style="margin: 0; padding: 0; background-image: url('NEWPIC.gif')">

HERE COMES YOUR BODY TEXT
    * and just BEFORE </body> add up
    </div></center>

So you put everything in a div, the backgroung of which you set NEWPIC. This is approximately what you could do. But Again, THIS IS A COMPLETELY WRONG APPROACH, designers hate the old-fashioned table-based layouts and (inline) frames. And (unnecessary) javascript. Btw your animation is not working due to errors in your JS code...

Default ???

Hey... U are realy good in all this stuf... :oops:
    so:
    1. What can I do wid these scripts, to make ROLLOVER work properly?
    2. DIV is all I can do to resolve my RES problem? What then with grey texture in both sides of website??
    3. You wrote:
    THIS IS A COMPLETELY WRONG APPROACH, designers hate the old-fashioned table-based layouts and (inline) frames.
    ...so what construction I can use to make this site more professional?
    My construction is very simple, but I can rebuild it from very begining. So what are my HTML markup errors, and what tags should I use?

Great thanks!

Default approach

Well, obviously I can not give you a complete tutorial in one sentence, but you have to realize the following. If you'll be happy with the fact that about 80% of the people will see you site the same way and you don't care there are html errors that are differently interpretted by the different browsers (talking bout the other 20%), then just keep it that way. Otherwise, if you do care, and if you have some time you want to spend on that: start reading. Excellent starting point would be: http://www.w3schools.com/html/ and http://tranchant.plus.com/web/html-tutorial/
    Once you start making html pages that validate (http://validator.w3.org/), you should have to start reading about Cascading Style Sheets (http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/). So that's how designers try to work today: valid (x)html with all styling and layout defined in different CSS page, that are included in your html files with one command.
    Oh jeah, if you still try to follow the way i suggested yeaterday, then also make sure you set the margins of your table and iframe to 0, forgot to mension that. Success.

Thanks bro... I will try your ideas... Realy thanks :)

sure man, anytime. let me know if you have difficulty in implementing it.

Scripts are good. Thanks. I've copy them to my notes.

hey... I'm workin on my page.. but one mo thing:
    How can I fix my rollover effect and Javasrcipts? I 'd like to see them work together :( Is there anythin I can do to fix that?
    Kind Regards...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12