Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROBLEM wid RESOLUTION help !!!

Default PROBLEM wid RESOLUTION help !!!

Hello Dudes!
    I've got a problem with resolution of my website. I've created it in 1024x768... and when any user has LOWER / HIGHER resolution than 1024x768... my site behaves pretty bad... background is stretched than... U know...
    My question is: what should I do to lock the APPEARANCE of my website, that it could'n change in such different resolution cases...
    If U have any idea... some script... or piece of ADVICE...

KIND REGARDS!

Does your website have to be 1024x724?

A lot of home users still use 800x600 because they do not know how to change it.

A lot of home users still use 800x600 because they do not know how to change it.
    800x600 is huge, does anybody actually use that resolution? 1024x768 is probably the most common resolution, though, i've got mine at about 1280x1024..

ZooM: have you got a link to the site?

You can create 2 different sets of index pages for 1024x768 and for 800x600 resolution users.

On the index page, keep a script to detect the user's resolution and then, accordingly direct them to the appropriate page.

if (screen.width==800 && screen.height==600)
    window.location=index800.html
    else if (screen.width==1024&&screen.height==768)
    window.location=index1024.html
    else
    window.location=index1024.html

Default resolution

Prithivi, the brute force method obviously is not an option in a website. I can give you tens of very good reasons why you don't want to do it your way, but anyway.
    ZooM, you might want to choose working with relative measures and not absolute. Let us know your website address to tell you what the problem is and how you can solve it.
    Btw, images will always be smaller on higher resolutions, that's the idea! The user setting his resolution higher has usually a big monitor and would be very unhappy if you follow the idea of Prithivi and make things appear extremely huge on the screan. We can all zoom!

Default :(

This is my website adres:

www.vault69.tk

What should I do?
    In different resolutions that site looks different too... :(
    Help if U can....

:cry:

I am currently using 1152x864 and your site appears aligned a bit to the left of the center.

Other than that, there is nothing wrong with it.

Default Re: resolution

Quote Originally Posted by ti-design.bizhat.com
    Prithivi, the brute force method obviously is not an option in a website. I can give you tens of very good reasons why you don't want to do it your way, but anyway.
    ZooM, you might want to choose working with relative measures and not absolute. Let us know your website address to tell you what the problem is and how you can solve it.
    Btw, images will always be smaller on higher resolutions, that's the idea! The user setting his resolution higher has usually a big monitor and would be very unhappy if you follow the idea of Prithivi and make things appear extremely huge on the screan. We can all zoom!
    I fail to understand why the page items would look huge if the viewer is redirected to the appropriate page.
    If, say I am using 1152 resolution, then the script would detect my screen width and height and automatically redirect me to the index1152 page (the page that has been designed according to 1152 resolution)

On the other hand, if you keep a fixed 1024 page, then anyone using a higher resolution would find the page items a bit larger.

Hey Prithivi, that's the point!
    "ti-design.bizhat.com" was right...
    When U change your resolution to higher... this site will be more moved to the left than before...

"ti-design.bizhat.com" HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZooM
    Hey Prithivi, that's the point!
    "ti-design.bizhat.com" was right...
    When U change your resolution to higher... this site will be more moved to the left than before...

"ti-design.bizhat.com" HELP!!!
    Then arrange your entire page within a table, and align that table to the center of the page.
    So whatever resolution the viewer views it at, it will always be aligned at the center.

besides, what I was talking about earlier was redesigning your layout for different resolutions, not using the same one for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast