Sachin Tendulkar is all set to make a return to competitive cricket after a gap of three and a half months following a wrist injury he sustained while batting during an Indian Premier League match on May 13.

Forced to undergo surgery in London for a damaged tendon in his left wrist, Tendulkar has now fully recovered and is shaping up for the upcoming Champions League T20 to be held in India from September 21 to October 6.

It will also be the cricket legend's first taste of competitive cricket ahead of India's big Test tour of South Africa later in November, where he is expected to become the first player to reach the 200-Test landmark.

Speaking to TOI about his fitness, Tendulkar said, "Yes, I had surgery done on my hand for the injury I sustained during the IPL match in May. I have already started batting at the nets since the last ten days and I am looking forward to the Champions League."

Tendulkar was forced to retire hurt midway through his innings against the Sunrisers Hyderabad after his attempt at a big shot strained the wrist. The injury ruled him out of the rest of the tournament and he was forced to watch from the sidelines as Mumbai Indians went on to win the IPL.

The 40-year-old, who has survived a series of injuries in his 23-year-long international career, subsequently consulted doctors in London before opting for the surgery in June.

Having followed a strict regimen during his rehabilitation, the veteran is back in business. "I feel good and am enjoying my batting sessions," said Tendulkar of his recent practice sessions at the Bandra-Kurla complex in Mumbai.

The batting maestro is also likely to appear in domestic matches in the Ranji and Duleep Trophy. His first step, however, is the CLT20, which will also test his physical fitness.

More stills

Keywords:Sachin Tendulkar,cricket , Indian Premier League , surgery , damaged tendon, left wrist, Champions League T20 ,TOI ,s fitness, injury , IPL match , Mumbai Indians, international career, doctors ,rehabilitation,business,Bandra-Kurla complex, domestic matches , Ranji , Duleep Trophy,cricket news,sports news, physical fitness.