Actress Charmy Kaur, who has won lot of accolades for her performance in Mantra, has recently signed on the dotted line to be a part of upcoming Telugu horror-thriller Mantra 2. The Southern actress says that the film is not a sequel to the hit movie Mantra. Although it falls in the same genre, the movie has a different story.

In a statement to media, Charmy Kaur gushed her excitement over signing Mantra 2. The actress said, "This (Mantra 2) is not a sequel. It doesn't take forward the story of Mantra, but has a different story to tell to the audience. I never thought I would be part of the project, but the director's narration took me by surprise and I instantly agreed to be part of it." Mantra 2 not a sequel: Charmy Kaur Mantra, which released in 2007, was a sleeper hit.

It gave Charmy a much-needed hit after back-to-back flops back then. The regular shooting of Mantra 2 will start from Sep 26 in Hyderabad. It will be directed by debutant N Sathish. Tanikella Bharani, Tagubothu Ramesh, Hema and Rao Ramesh will be seen essaying important roles in the film. Charmy Kaur has played the lead role in 2007 film Mantra, which was declared as a surprise hit. Her performance, which was appreciated by both viewers and critics, has fetched her Best Actress Nandi Award. The actress, who has huge fans base in male youth, rocked the viewers with the song 'Maha maha' in which her dance moves were well received by the audience.

Charmi Kaur More Stills

Keywords:Actress Charmy Kaur, performance, Mantra, Telugu horror-thriller ,Mantra 2, Southern actress ,audience, sleeper hit, N Sathish,Tanikella Bharani, Tagubothu Ramesh, Hema , Rao Ramesh ,viewers , Best Actress Nandi Award,Maha maha, dance moves,Telugu film news,Tollywood film news