Former India's cricket coach Greg Chappell feels Indian skipper MS Dhoni's phenomenal success must be credited to playing cricket in gullies and parks.

"Your guys play a lot of cricket, not necessarily organised cricket but in gullies and parks. It's a very important part of learning. In unstructured cricket, you play without the supervision of parents, coaches or elders. Sometimes you play the older guys. The thing is that kids start learning to compete at an early age. The best example is MS Dhoni. This guy is so unique," Chappell told a newspaper.

Chappell also said, had Dhoni gone to an academy, he would have been a different player.

"Had he gone to an academy at an early age, he would have been a very different player. I think we love a lot of those natural environments in Australia. But a lot of our young cricketers are exposed to academy-style cricket very early. I am not convinced that's the best way to learn," he added.

The former Australia skipper expressed his willingness to coach Team India once again.

"I am always open to anything. It's unlikely that it's going to happen. I enjoy being with the game. I enjoyed my experience and I am open to further experiences," said Chappell, who coached Indian cricket team from 2005 to 2007.

Chappell is in India for the ongoing Quadrangular Under-19 Series says he is enjoying his current role of coaching the aspiring cricketers.

Greg Chappell More Stills

Keywords:India's cricket coach ,Greg Chappell ,Indian skipper, MS Dhoni,cricket,parents, coaches , elders,Australia skipper, Indian cricket team,sports news,cricet news, cricketers.