Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited, an ISO-9001:2008 Certified Company with Regd. Office at Vidyut Bhavan, Race Course, Vadodara-390 007, a Power Generation Company of erstwhile Gujarat Electricity Board having Power Stations at different locations with installed capacity 5508 MW, will be recruiting GSECL Vidyut Sahayak Junior Engineers from the disciplines of Electrical, Mechanical, C & I and Civil through GATE-2014. Applicants should hold full time regular Bachelor's Degree in Engineering- BE (Electrical/Mechanical/C & I and Civil) from a recognized University (AICTE approved), with minimum of 60% marks for unreserved and 55% for reserved candidates. Aggregate of 7th and 8th Semester, First trial without ATKT (Passed in 1stAttempt)
Departmental candidates meeting with the above requirements of BE or AMIE are eligible subject to acquiring required score in GATE 2014 exam.

Age limit is 30 years. Relaxation in age criteria will be there for reserved candidates as per Government rules.
The Posts, vacancies, branch requirement and the GATE paper applicable are as follows.
(i) VS (JE) Electrical (20 vacancies): BE/ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, GATE Paper Code: EE
(ii) VS (JE) Mechanical (20): BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering; ME
(iii) VS (JE) C & I (10): BE/ B.Tech in C & I Engineering; IN
(iv) VS (JE) Civil (10): BE/ B.Tech in Civil Engineering; CE

Those meeting the qualifications may submit online applications. The selected candidates shall be appointed initially for the period of two years on fixed remuneration. After completion of satisfactory service of 2 years, they will be appointed as regular Junior Engineer in the pay scale of Rs 17300-38610.
For details regarding disciplines considered as equivalent to above post by GSECL,

Applicant should have applied for GATE 2014 and should qualify in the relevant paper.
Online submission of application to GSECL commences on 15th January, 2014. Last date for online submission of application to GSECL is 12 midnight on 30th January, 2014.
The Last date for receipt of hard copy of online application along with other documentsat GSECL is 15th February, 2014.

General Knowledge of Gujarati is essential. Company reserves its right to call only short listed candidates for the written test on the percentage of Academic Performance / Experience / Age.

Keywords: Gujarat State Electricity Corporation,Company, Vidyut Bhavan, Race Course, Power Generation Company ,Power Stations ,GSECL, Vidyut Sahayak, Junior Engineers,Electrical, Mechanical, C & I, Civil, GATE,Bachelor's Degree , Engineering, AMIE , Government rules,Posts, vacancies, branch requirement ,B.Tech , Mechanical Engineering,Civil Engineering, Academic Performance , Experience,education news