"This is just the start. I will not stop here," Rohit Sharma's words sounded as an ominous warning after his unbeaten 141 formed the backbone of India's incredible victory over Australia on Wednesday. "It's a huge responsibility opening for India. My job is to set up the platform."

He did much more than that on Wednesday. "This victory was special," he added. "It is nice to get a century, but it's the team's success that matters most."

Australia skipper George Bailey, on the other hand, appeared to be at a loss for words. He kept on a brave smile, but did not have much to say. "India batted beautifully," he said. "It was an incredible batting display. We knew how good they are. All three innings were amazing, but Virat's stands out."

Sharma too termed Kohli's innings brilliant. "He played some amazing shots." There was a sympathetic word for his fellow opener Shikhar Dhawan too, who missed his century by five runs. "Shikhar was playing his natural game and that helped us in the chase," Sharma said.

The chase itself was very satisfying for the batsman, who seems to have finally cemented his place in the Indian side. "It was a big target, but we knew we could chase it. The new rules (five fielders inside the circle) makes almost every target chaseable," he said. "By no means was it an easy chase, but we knew it could be done." However, what surprised Sharma was the margin of victory. "I never thought we could win this one with nine wickets to spare. That was the most satisfying part of it."

That the SMS track would be a batting paradise was something that the Indian batsmen knew. "It is a very good wicket for cricket and the outfield is quiet fast. Keeping all the factors in mind, we were not really upset when we went into the dressing room after Australia's innings. We needed some good partnerships."

Rohit Sharma More Stills

Keywords: Rohit Sharma,Australia skipper, George Bailey,Kohli's innings, brilliant,Shikhar Dhawan ,batsman, Indian batsmen , cricket,cricket news,sports news