Bangalore lass Aindrita Ray is all set to make her Bengali debut with the remake of Kannada movie Only Vishnuvardhana, which was released in 2011. The comedy-suspense thriller, which had Sudeep, Bhavana, Priyamani in the important roles, will be made in Bengali with Jeet in the lead role, and is likely to be titled as Bachchan. Speaking to a leading daily, the actress has confirmed the news and said that she is very happy to make her debut in Bengali film industry with a remake of Kannada movie.

Aindrita said, "It is a complete coincidence that my first Bengali film happens to be a remake of a Kannada film. I think this symbolises me, for these are the two languages that I connect most to." The movie will be directed by Raja Chanda. Only Vishnuvardhana, which was directed by Dwarkish, was a tribute to South Superstar and Kannada matinee idol Dr Vishnuvardhan. The movie was praised for having a terrific script, which had sustained the interest of audience till the climax. After Lucia, Govindaya Namaha, Googly, Bachchan and others, Only Vishnuvardhana has joined the list of Kannada movies that will be remade in other language.

Aindrita Ray More Stills

Keywords: Aindrita Ray ,Bengali debut, Kannada movie ,Vishnuvardhana, comedy-suspense thriller, Sudeep, Bhavana, Priyamani , Bachchan, Kannada movie, Raja Chanda,Dwarkish,South Superstar , Kannada matinee ,idol Dr Vishnuvardhan, script, climax, Lucia, Govindaya Namaha, Googly,Kannada film news