Continuing with the felicitations lined up for the retiring Sachin Tendulkar, the Mumbai Cricket Association on Monday honoured the iconic Indian batsman ahead of his 200th and final Test by naming its Kandivili Ground after him in the presence of a host political bigwigs.

The 40-year-old veteran, who would be retiring after the second and final Test against the West Indies from Thursday, was given a fresh round of applause by the MCA ahead of what is turning out to be an epic curtain call.

"I appreciate not just this evening but the last 24 years," said a beaming Tendulkar when he took the stage amid loud cheering an applause by the attendees, including his teammates and visiting West Indian team.

"It felt special to read my name on the entry of the (MCA) club. It feels good as I am not used to it. I didn't expect this. It was a humble experience. I thank MCA for this kind gesture," he said, referring to the renamed Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana Club.

Sachin Tendulkar More Stills

Keywords: Sachin Tendulkar,Mumbai Cricket Association, iconic Indian batsman, Kandivili Ground , political bigwigs, MCA , Gymkhana Club,cricket news,sports news