Lanky Anushka, whose Irandaam Ulagam hit the screens last Friday, took part in the TeachAIDS awareness programme held in Chennai yesterday. Taking part in the forum discussions, Anushka advocated a 'mass education system' wherein people aged from 02 years to 60 years could take part jointly to realize the hazards of HIV infection.

"It would be better to spread the message through animation films; I have seen children and the old alike loving animation films which are an effective instrument to convey such messages across. These films are a perfect balance between science and entertainment. The purpose is to reach as many people as possible before the issue goes out of hands.

"Personally, I don't think films are misguiding youths in particular and people in general. In order to raise awareness about the issue, I'm ready to play the role of a HIV patient in future if a film-maker approaches me with such a script. I'd be happy to be able to contribute in all possible ways to ensure the success of this campaign," concluded Anushka.

The event was organized by jointly by the Stanford University and Piya Sorcar. The organizers have also shot a short an animation video with Suriya, Anushka, Siddharth and Sruthi Haasan starring in it.

Anushka More Cute Stills

Keywords: Lanky Anushka,Irandaam Ulagam , TeachAIDS ,Anushka , HIV infection,animation films, entertainment, film-maker ,Piya Sorcar, animation video , Suriya, Anushka, Siddharth , Sruthi Haasan ,Tamil film news,Kollywood film news