Cheteshwar Pujara isn't famous for his attacking instincts, but after a superb first Test, he doesn't mind a few verbal volleys at his rivals.

The India No. 3 feels South Africa are plain lucky not to be one down in the series. Not bothering too much for the superb run chase of the Proteas on the final day of the Wanderers Test, Pujara harped on how they shut shop with 17 to get off the last three overs.

"That clearly shows that South Africa are not confident about their lower-order batsmen. It's a positive for us, in fact, we had many more positives from the first Test than the South Africans...Even their spin department is weak, Imran Tahir hardly made an impact," Pujara seemed to be stepping out of his crease for the lofted shot.

It's been a strategy of the Indians to give it back to the South Africans in the last few press conferences that they have had. While Virat Kohli has been leading the show so far, the mild-natured Pujara, too, is now following suit.

"We bowled brilliantly right through the first Test. It was only one session where AB de Villiers and Faf du Plessis batted well...Even then, they were lucky. And now if Morne Morkel can't play this Test match, it will be a huge blow for them," Pujara kept firing.

The tension of the final day did take a lot out of the players as AB suggested on Monday. But Pujara said that the Indian players were far from being drained out after the epic contest. "You expect such close matches in Test cricket and I don't think there's any problem with the recovery. We trained well today and are looking good for the Test," Pujara said.

The Indian team is looking to take the confidence that they have gained in the first Test forward into the series decider. "If we can repeat our Johannesburg show, there's a good chance for us to win the Test series," Pujara added.

There was one topic, though, about which Cheteshwar Pujara wasn't too keen to be over-attacking. When the below-par show of Steyn in the first Test came up for discussion, he said: "We don't want to underestimate him...It's important that we are careful against him and not take him lightly,"Cheteshwar Pujara gave Steyn all the respect.

Cheteshwar Pujara was part of the team that won in Durban the last time India played here. Though he didn't score too many, the right-hander had learnt his lessons and is looking to implement it this time around. "Not just that Test, I have been here with the 'A' team as well...I have scored runs on these tracks and I see this Test as another chance to prove myself."

Cheteshwar Pujara More Stills

Keywords: Cheteshwar Pujara, Indians , Virat Kohli , AB de Villiers , Morne Morkel ,cricket news,sports news