Thread: Window Based Bootable CD

Default Window Based Bootable CD

Bart's PE Builder helps you build a "BartPE" (Bart Preinstalled Environment) bootable Windows CD-Rom or DVD from the original Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installation/setup CD, very suitable for PC maintenance tasks.

It will give you a complete Win32 environment with network support, a graphical user interface (800x600) and FAT/NTFS/CDFS filesystem support. Very handy for burn-in testing systems with no OS, rescuing files to a network share, virus scan and so on.
    This will replace any Dos bootdisk in no time!

i've seen tons of sites that offer instructions on how to set up these slipstreamed cd's of windows. however, once i came across a website that actually had the iso file to download (about a 650mb download). any idea where i might find that again? i've searched google up and down and keep getting websites that show you how to make them, when i'd rather have the completed iso file to download and simply apply my legal cd key.

Yes.....I have seen that once. But unfortunately, I forgot the link. As far as i remember, i found it in the 911CD forum. I'll check it later and let you know if i get it.

However, you can goto Windowsubcd.com, they have quite a good package. You can just run the builder, and you'll get the ISO image. It's prety neat, the package.

BTW, what I mean is to create a bootable CD containing WINDOWS, not the installation disc.

I have browsed the bartPE site: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ and I want to try it. but I think if you could burn some other software/tools into the disk, that will be much more useful for this kind of bootdisk. do you think it is possible?

Of course you can do that. Bart PE has include some tools/utility. But you can add it to suit your need. Also if you don't want to do the mess, you can just download the ready package. You can find it at Windows Ultimate Boot CD Site. You just need to build it using Bart PE.

Btw, make sure that your packages is already suited. You can try it out using PDHInst plugin. After you're sure, then burn it into CD. That'll save some CD's from experiment

If you still didn't find the utility that you need, you can goto 911 CD forum.