Thread: New User can't post, difficulty accessing forum

Default New User can't post, difficulty accessing forum

General Error

Invalid_session

...is the message my new user gets when he tries to post. He's had some trouble getting his login to work. We've reset his password, I've checked all his settings and they appear to be good - can't see anything that would cause problems for him. He's the first new user on our forum in a month, no one else has had any technical difficulties. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

I think hsi browser is not allowing cookies
    tell him to clean history, temp files and cookies

Partial success. Had the user clear the cache and cookies. He set up a new user id and can access the forum but can't post. The user tells me the preview screen pops up and then goes back but the post doesn't appear on the forum.

Give me your forum URL

Guttu, thanks, we seem to have sorted it out. I'd agree the initial problem sounded like a cookie/cache issue. Although the user couldn't post after we cleared those two and set up a new i.d. for him, 12 hours later the problems went away and he's been able to post without difficulty. What ever the issue was, it all points to the settings on his computer(s). No one else on our forum has reported any significant technical problems.