Thread: Language vs. culture

Default Language vs. culture

Do you think that people of whom carry a culture but don't speak the language, and then marry someone of whom also carries the culture but not the language that their kids will be able to carry on the culture. Do you think that the culture eventually gets diluted without the language? I've noticed that some arabs don't seem to speak the language yet carry on the culture, but I just wonder how many genrations the culture will last without the language. Another controversial topic.

Default language barrier

Nice topic to discuss.

Lot of people dare to marry overcoming the language barrier. But there may be problems due to the language difference. Culture is there in everywhere, it can vary from place to place and in the thinking style.

The basic purpose of a language is to communicate one's ideas to others. Culture is omnipresent, but it can be blocked by the language differences.
    When you are changing your language it may be difficult to communicate one's culture to the other.

I live in thailand and that is a huge problem... It all depends where you live.. If you live here you will grow up mwith Thai culture.... If you move somewhere else youwill grow up with that culture.

Also I dnt understand how two people can get married knowing that they can't speak the same language of their partner.... And don't tell me that that is love.... It is not... When you cant communicate you can not share... share experences (good or bad) . And in the end you will be living lonely with a complete stranger... I have experienced it without being married. :roll:

So...i live to Kazakhstan, we have a kazakh language =) but i like and speak English! We have rich culture! It's all! We have the small peace of culture myself. Of course also another country very beatiful culture,especially i like LONDON in the UK!!! I love be here!!! ALL PEACE BEATIFUL!!!!