View Poll Results: Do you think the death sentence awarded to Saddam was result of a credible due process of law ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 71.43%
  • NO

2 28.57%
  • I Don't know

0 0%

Thread: Death sentence awarded to Saddam Hussein : Right or Wrong?

Default Death sentence awarded to Saddam Hussein : Right or Wrong?

Hi,

Iraq's High Tribunal on Sunday(Nov 5 ,2006) sentenced former Iraq President Saddam Hussein to death by hanging for crimes against humanity.

Do you think the death sentence awarded to Saddam was s result of a credible due process of law ? Is the verdict acceptable?Can one conclude that the verdict was a "victor's justice" ?
    Mixed reactions are coming up on the issue.....

What Do U Think....?

Do you think the death sentence awarded to Saddam was s result of a credible due process of law ?

1. YES
    2. NO
    3. I don't know

Cast your votes and post your views....

Default NOOOOOO

Do you think the death sentence awarded to Saddam was s result of a credible due process of law ? Is the verdict acceptable?Can one conclude that the verdict was a "victor's justice" ?
    Mixed reactions are coming up on the issue.....

Quite honestly, I would have prefered to see him rot in prison for the rest of his life, rather than be killed. Sure, he killed a lot of people, but I don't think death is the most torturous thing on this earth.

Default not to kill

killing a person is not the maximum punishment to b given .So i disagree with Saddam 's case.

Default Blowback

Governments rarely make public their criminal acts or keep records on the number of illegal acts they have committed. Governments that engage in assassination conspiracies, terrorist acts, and other crimes to further their foreign policy also commits crimes against humanity.

Eisenhower administration campaign to overthrow the democratically elected prime minister Mossedagh in Iran and replace it with the monarchy of Shah Reza Pahlavi who in return promised US oil companies control of over 50 percent of Iran's oil production. The CIA engaged in a massive assassination conspiracy and placed Shah in power. On June 5, 1953, 6,000 Iranian citizens were murdered in one day. No country in the world has a worse record in human rights than Iran, and it was caused by the US oil companies greed for profit. In 1979 the Islamic revolution took control of Iran and was anti-American for the killings of their Islamic brothers. Heavily engaged in the sponsorship of terrorism aim at the US.

The US is not hated for its power, the US is hated for the acts committed.

Now to answer your question: No, we should have not killed Saddam. It will become another "Blowback." Life in prison would have prevented more hate toward US policies.
    Should we have killed Eisenhower for his acts against humanity? 6000 Iran's were slaughter.