Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Win XP Service Pack 2

SP 2 can be a problem.
    I have seen it a couple of times now.
    The system won't boot after installing sp2
    Solution uninstall sp2, how to ?
    I found a manual on the microsoft site.
    I haven't got it here ifd i find it i will post it here.
    Or you can try google instead.
    The firewall is also a problem with some firewall software like norton

my work place has banned workers from installing sp2 as it stuffs up their programs. :(

i heard that SP2 fixed many bugs and errors, several new functions are also installed
    but....i also heard....with these new functions....more new bugs and errors are created
    so don't know whether its good to update to SP2

I have SP2 and it works fine for me. Just make sure you remove all viruses and spyware before installing. Also if you have another firewall such as McAfee or Norton, it is recommended you turn off the Windows Firewall. Also, SP2 made my computer run faster!

sp2 was always free and it sucks. the updates block too much files and update too much and i use nortan 2005

you should just be able to turn off or modify the auto updates from the Security Center if it updates too much. I just changed it to notify me before downloading/installing updates, lets me know when there are updates and it gets rid of that red icon in the taskbar. Im on dial up too, and automatically downloading makes the speed really slow

I hate SP2!
    the idiotic cursor
    comes up when
    i disabled the windows update.

Default "Critical" fix in Service Pack 2

Microsoft released a "critical" fix on Thursday for a security issue left unresolved by the Windows XP Service Pack 2.

The configuration change closed a hole in the Windows firewall settings that could open up PCs to attack if the machines had been set to share files or a printer with the local network, said Gary Schare, director of product management for Windows.

"The changes we made in Service Pack 2 were better than before, but they could be narrowed even further," he said. "We told people (in September) that we would issue a software update and now we have."

The hole could allow anyone to access a PC that has its file sharing exceptions set up in the Windows XP SP2 firewall. The problem affects only those who use dialing software to connect to the Internet, Microsoft indicated in a Knowledge Base article on its Web site.

Best Regards!
    Dilantha.

me 2 also uses sp2 and i dont have any problems with it. after installing it every thing is working fine

I have install it.
    and it's really nice.
    It protect my computer from hacking

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234