Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MSSQL or MySQL?

Default MSSQL or MySQL?

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database engine was a favour of many web developers due to its ability in providing more secure, reliable storage for both relational and structured data. It enabling developers to build and manage highly available, performant data applications that developers can use to take their business to the next level. In fact, a lot of analysis also showed that MSSQL Server is better compared to other database system such as DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc. However, MSSQL Server is also been categorised by many developers as a very expensive database management system to use, even until now. Due to this, a lot of developers started to shift from MSSQL server to cheaper or free database system.

When comparing linux server and windows server, people tend to relate linux server with mysql and windows server with mssql. Linux server become the preference of many developers because it is cheap, mysql is free. Windows servers with mssql is very expensive.

Now, Microsoft has come out with a new product, MSSQL Express. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (SQL Server Express) is a powerful and reliable data management product that delivers rich features, data protection, and performance for embedded application clients, light Web applications, and local data stores. SQL Server Express is available at no cost, easy to use, redistributable version of SQL Server 2005 designed for building simple data-driven applications. Developers can design schemas, add data, and query local databases, all inside the Visual Studio 2005 environment. Furthermore, if developers need more advanced database features, then SQL Server Express can be seamlessly upgraded to more sophisticated versions of SQL Server.

MSSQL Server 2005 Express Edition is been designed in such a way that it remains good features from MSSQL Server 2005 while in the same time benefited developers by giving it out for free. SQL Server 2005 Express Edition is easy to install; easy to use and manage; rich with database functionality; better security; simple pricing and licensing; with xml support; deep integration with Visual Studio 2005; better scalability and performance; etc. Please visit

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/edition.../features.mspx

for more information.

Database system is now considered as a critical factor in choosing a web hosting providers and MSSQL Express is simply the best choice, good yet cheap.

NOTE: I still love MySQL on Linux :lol:
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

MYSQL zindabad!!
    Will try that MSSQL in free time. But it'll take some time to get used. As I'm just now getting used to MYSQL

i created my mysql script it took me like 3weeks (cos i was a noob bak then and didnt no how to code properly)

i think mysql... it's more usefull then mssql...

Today i installed MS SQL 2005 express. Since MS provide express version free, we will see lot of people start using MS SQL for web site and applications. Good move by microsoft for making more money with more market :D

is MS SQL 2005 express free forever?

Yes, it is free. You don't have to pay for using it.

cool... ill start working with MS SQL 2005 express.. tnx nokia..

Hi ,

Is the Ms mysql express the latest version ?

Hi ,

Is the Ms mysql express the latest version ? We are now in 2007 .

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast