Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Stop accounts????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    216

    Default Stop accounts????

    How can I disable accounts or people being able to register for a short while???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    823

    Default Re: Stop accounts????

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntnsinme
    How can I disable accounts or people being able to register for a short while???
    Disable "User Registration" on the Admin Control Panel... :D

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Ok this is my control panel and I have no such area...


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntnsinme
    Ok this is my control panel and I have no such area...

    You could manually activate them / you may just disable your board... :D

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Actually, when I set it to admin it sends me an email to activate them, then it automatically makes them a member without me accepting or not accepting them. That is what Im trying to stop.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntnsinme
    Actually, when I set it to admin it sends me an email to activate them, then it automatically makes them a member without me accepting or not accepting them. That is what Im trying to stop.
    Thhey can be a member but you still need to activate them; sot that they can gain privileges in the forum... :lol:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I've been having the same problem too. A whole bunch spammers keep registering at my forum....and I know they're not bots because they activate their accounts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    216

    Default

    OK I have accepted that my member list will continue to grow with junkies....now, Kenneth, how do I mass email? I thought I used to have a place for that but I cannot seem to find it anymore...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntnsinme
    OK I have accepted that my member list will continue to grow with junkies....now, Kenneth, how do I mass email? I thought I used to have a place for that but I cannot seem to find it anymore...
    Well, you can find that on your Admin's Control Panel. :D

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntnsinme
    OK I have accepted that my member list will continue to grow with junkies....now, Kenneth, how do I mass email? I thought I used to have a place for that but I cannot seem to find it anymore...
    Yes, I used to know where it was but now I cannot seem to find it anywhere, could you be a bit more specific?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •