Thread: New Releases of Maniratnam

Default New Releases of Maniratnam

Manirathinam is a man of few words. He lets his movies do all the talking.

With Guru set for release this Pongal, Manirathinam has opened his heart out on the movie and his forthcoming plans.

Speaking about Guru, the director said that it is a movie that traces the life of two characters. The film is an account of the events that occur in their life from their teens till they grow old. Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai play couples while Mithun Chakraborthy is cast as a veteran journalist. Madhavan plays a cub reporter under the tutelage of Mithun Chakraborthy. Vidya Balan plays his wife.

The movie has six songs. “It is my 20th directorial venture,” he said.

Manirathinam says, “All the artistes have lived the characters. The story begins in 1950 and is set around Mumbai.” What next? Manirathinam says, “Once I complete a movie, I take rest for the next six months and spend my time with my son Nandha.”

On rumours that Mani would soon direct a Hollywood movie, the director in his usual style, said, “Why should I, when Hollywood movies are turning towards India?”

One of the few directors to have emerged a successful producer,
    Manirathnam said, “It is for my comfort that I became a producer. I need not compromise when I direct my own movie.”

urukant Desai (Abhishek Bachchan), the young-n-lean foreign returned villager with a funny moustache who gradually grows in years-n-stature as he treads on the road less traveled. He develops flab all over body unconditionally. Walks-n-talks in an awkwardly funny manner as he successfully climbs the ambitious stairs of his ‘bijness’. Just can’t take a No for an answer. And if a door doesn’t open by greasing then he doesn’t mind opening it forcefully.

After being the badshah of Polyster and being the leader of share market, Guru Bhai asks his loyal share holders, “Banna chahte ho Hindusthan ki sabse badi company” (translation: he wants to make the largest company in India). An encore follows. Next stop is petro chemicals factory for which once again he uses coercion to make the ministers come on his side. A newspaper publisher Manik Dasgupta (Mithun Chakraborty) and a firebrand journalist Shyam (R. Madhavan) expose many irregularities in the functioning style of Guru Bhai.

Manik Dasgupta (Or Nanaji), a Gandhian, was the man whom Guru earlier considered as his father. Even though they respected each other personally, their ideologies clashed. Guru’s wife Sujatha (Aishwarya Rai) is the pillar of support that always stands by him in the biggest of crisis. He also has a few select men who belonged to him for reasons more than mere business interests

Small sympnossis of the film

where download?
    i want to see