Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first computer?

Default Any body here who uses linux?

I'm a linux, preferably slackware linux, and i'm fan of it. I just drop in here to create a website with message board. this website is great.

Default I have no computer yet

Maybe if i'll have my first computer, i will build it in my own, like bolting in different parts together, than buying a brand new one.

Default Re: My first computer experience

my first comp was a DOS box with a total of about 50 mb of hard drive space and less the 4 mb of ram it was top of the line for about a year. Now it keeps my comp off the ground so i don't have to reach really far down to turn it on. I still remember playing doom on the smallest screen setting so it wouldn't lag. Although my dos box was noisy as hell it kinda sounded like a vacuum cleaner if i remember right

haha my first pc was a revolutionary machine... the commodore 64, my favorite game was Radar Rat Race.

/run

Default Re: Your first computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    Do you remember your first desktop system?

My first PC brought in in 97 was 486DX2 that worked on 100 MHz with "Turbo" mode and a lower fequency on normal mode.

Initially it was MS DOS, then installed Windows 95. Later i tried to install Windows 98, but was dead slow.

At that time, most of the work was done on Visual Basic 4 and later 5. Now i don't remember Visual Basic as never used it for past several years.

Post about your first computer and computer experiance, Let us remember our good old computer :lol:
    lol it was a bad LG studioworks computer xD :roll:

and that computer sucks!

my first pc a p3 dell

My first PC was during the late 90's.

It was a 486sx something. Oh how I loved to play Golden Axe on it. Then there was the Pentium and everything came soon after that...

My first personal computer was was a Sony Vaio PCV-90 with Windows 95 that I purchased in 1996. (I'd been using computers at work with MS-DOS 3.2.)

It had a 200-MHz Pentium processor, 32MB of RAM, and a 2.5GB hard drive. WOWEE!! Boy, was I excited. hehe

I spent over $2000 on it at the time. Isn't it amazing how much you can get now for $500? :)

unbeatablemandy Guest

XP Professional ! With 2 GB RAM :)

this was my first ever computer! i bought it when i was in teaching profession! gud luck all!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast