Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disk Space & mySQL Database

I checked your site out, and I must ask, how did you blow 4 Gigs? unless you are giving out links to individual files you are hosting I don't see enough content to warrent the average consumption of 130 MB per day...

It is not easy to use up 5 GB monthly transfer for 95% of the web sites and 50% of those who use the bandwidth are doing some thing illegal, sharing MP3, Software, etc...

And lot of people need bandwidth and space upgrade even before making there web site.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Quote Originally Posted by madboyv1
    I checked your site out, and I must ask, how did you blow 4 Gigs? unless you are giving out links to individual files you are hosting I don't see enough content to warrent the average consumption of 130 MB per day...
    err... how should i know... last month when i looked at my resource usage and it showed 3 Gigs something...

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    It is not easy to use up 5 GB monthly transfer for 95% of the web sites and 50% of those who use the bandwidth are doing some thing illegal, sharing MP3, Software, etc...

And lot of people need bandwidth and space upgrade even before making there web site.
    i think that i'm not sharing any mp3... just illegal software, polyphonic tones and some funny video i guess... but most of it i'd link up from my others domain.

just illegal software, polyphonic tones and some funny video i guess...
    We do not allow illegal software.

We do not allow illegal software.
    ok, i'll remove it... but before that, can i ask something..? is sharing a crime?

There are thing that you can't share. Software is one of them :-)

The way people are getting busted for illegal sharing of music, spamming, etc., I wouldn't take my chances. One big traphole I see is the GMail thing. Gmail is becoming extremely popular. Have any of you people see the privacy statement? Basically, there is no privacy. People will be stupid, and I can just see the software and music companies taking advantage to bust people left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMusicCentral
    The way people are getting busted for illegal sharing of music, spamming, etc., I wouldn't take my chances. One big traphole I see is the GMail thing. Gmail is becoming extremely popular. Have any of you people see the privacy statement? Basically, there is no privacy. People will be stupid, and I can just see the software and music companies taking advantage to bust people left and right.
    to give an example of what's going on in the US: The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) tried to sue a 12 year old kid 1.2 Million dollars USD for downloading music that was being tracked from a website. Of course the case didn't float in court...

There's one thing to say about disk space for the webhosting on this site, though. I've noticed that it seems to increment per each post. For instance, with 4 posts I now have 8.09 MB available. I would highly suggest not using this site for any personal (copyrighted) music files, or large files. There are plently of free or very low cost solutions for hosting your music, etc. Personally, I think there is plently of space with 5MB for a website plus a php forum IMHO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12