Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PHP vs ASP

PHP is better than ASP because it has WAAAAAAAAAY more free hosting, has a beautiful, easy to learn and read syntax, is more widely supported, is amazingly powerful combined with apache and mysql, and much much more. there is plenty more resources out there for php then asp.

also in the new version of visual web developer 2008 you cant use j# for aspdotnet since it is a dead language.

basically: if you dont know any programming languages, learn php. if you know c# or vb, learn aspdotnet. but i would really recommend php as it is an amazing language imo.

hi i_pk_pjers_,
    Ihav read everything what you wrote about PHP.I know nothing about programming languages and wish to learn PHP.Can you help ?

PHP is the best programming in the world, i use PHP and it's not too hard promramming, after some learning years it's easy

Quote Originally Posted by Ambuex
    PHP is the best programming in the world, i use PHP and it's not too hard promramming, after some learning years it's easy
    PHP is as much the best programming language in the world as 'promgramming' is a word. You do have a very good point, however. ASP DOTNET and PHP are both very powerful, so you need to make the choice.

If you know something about Visual Studio, I recommend getting Visual Web Developer and programming in ASP DOTNET. If you don't know much about Visual Studio, don't bother with ASP DOTNET. In most cases it's not worth learning VB or C# just for the purpose of web development.

If you don't want to use ASP DOTNET, the only other option is PHP, of course. It is much more widely used and supported, and can probably be easier to learn because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril2net View Post
    The basic difference between ASP and PHP is that ASP will run strictly in Windows platform while PHP is platform independent. This is because php has its own compiler for diff OS platforms.

And PHP is very specifically built for Web apps also.., Unlike ASP. PHP has functions for almost every needs and easy to learn...Its having C like syntax. Especiallysuited fore opensource apps.

ASP can also be platform independent, all depends on compiling.
    ASP is much easier, safer, faster. - I vote for asp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12