Thread: Boosting dialup speed

Default Boosting dialup speed

Speed up your internet by 20%

Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes like Windows Updates and interrogating your PC etc

You can get it back:

Click Start then Run and type "gpedit.msc" without quotes.This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:
    Local Computer Policy then Computer Configuration then Administrative Templates then Network then QOS Packet Scheduler and then to Limit Reservable Bandwidth.
    Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab i.e."By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."
    So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.

wow thx for the trick. my internet is dial ip connection, i will try it

This trick was posted long before by ftvfatboy.
    Anyway thanks for sharing.

Default Re: Boosting dialup speed

Quote Originally Posted by gameo
    Speed up your internet by 20%

Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes like Windows Updates and interrogating your PC etc

You can get it back:

Click Start then Run and type "gpedit.msc" without quotes.This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:
    Local Computer Policy then Computer Configuration then Administrative Templates then Network then QOS Packet Scheduler and then to Limit Reservable Bandwidth.
    Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab i.e."By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."
    So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.
    Thanks! Helped me a lot. 8)

I set this up on XP Pro for my Cable connection. I'm interested to see how it works. Thx.
    jb

ummm...guys...
    it use the "20% bandwide" ONLY WHILE UPDATING
    it ain't taking the 20% if it have not update and stuff
    this "trick" would make your system unable to be updated...
    And there are endless risks of not updating your computer protection data....be aware.!
    btw is use 20/12 % of band whide wich is..umm1.6%!
    it is in bit not kb....
    lol
    bb:)

Thanks! This has helped me alot!

oh cool, wow, gonna try it now man ty!

hmmmm thinking info could be useful .. going to go give it a go :) Cheers