Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: alexander the great

Angelina Jolie was really good in the movie, so was Colin Farrell. I found it disgusting when they kissed each other though X_X. I mean mother and son?

Quote Originally Posted by emptyspace
    me too... but i hate Angelina Jolie... She and her big lips! Argh! :x
    yyyyyes!
    I hate big lips !
    it is uglily!

I thought it was pretty good and I liked they way they did not shy away from the fact that Alexander was gay the way they did for Achilles in Troy (Petroclus was not his cousin if you actually read the Illiad). Cannot deny history or historical fact

Anyway, the only thing that put me off was the fact that I didnt realize that there were so many Scottish soldiers in Alexander's army...ok that was sarcasm. I had a problem with the fact that actors they hired did not drop their obvious accents and opt for a more Greek accent. Even Colin had his Irish accent come and go throughout the whole movie. At least Angelina tried to do a more exotic accent. By no means do i mean that they should have had an "american" accent like most movies do, but it would have been nice to try to get it as realistic as possible with a Greek accent

Yeah I saw it, it is horrible, no more to add:/

i was told it was bad, so i didn't go see it.

By no means do i mean that they should have had an "american" accent like most movies do, but it would have been nice to try to get it as realistic as possible with a Greek accent
    well, to be realistic they should speak greek. greeks didn't speak in english with a greek accent. although if all the cast had similar accents, that would be better.

i was told it was bad, so i didn't go see it
    Just like me:)

I heard it was horrible! For that reason, I didn't see it.

The plot is awuful :evil: Angelina Jollie is no good actress, but this is personal opinion . You see, like woman she`s HOT but as an actress...(except maybe for her part in "Original Sin")

Already seen Alexander
    Sucks!!Bad story telling, bad casting.

Bad... And the gay scenes:D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123