Thread: Background image

Default Background image

Okay, please talk to me like I'm clueless because basically I am at this point. I want to change a background image to one more suitable to the website I have created. I have started my education into HTML/CSS but I am a little impatient on this matter.

Can someone give me simple steps to altering my background image right now? I want to make many other changes to the site but that will come in time as I learn more about programming but for now, I want to make the site look more appealing to my users.

I have an image chosen and I have it hosted (not Bizhat but that can be changed easily). What next?

If it is too complicated to explain here, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

One week and no replies. I've spent the week researching and reading about this and there must be a reason why my template won't accept the background pic I've chosen.

This is what I'm thinking:

*It's a hosted forum so I'm not able to make such a change?

*It's a subSilver template and there seems to be (according to another post in the designs forum) an issue with this template and background images. The fix was also posted but I'm afraid I can't access my .tpl files. (hosted?)

*The text box for my link will not accept the entire HTML code. It stops halfway through the link. What must I do to get the link fully inputted?

Now if someone could spare a few minutes for this noob, I would greatly appreciate it. As far as being a noob, I've taught myself basic HTML and created and published my first web page in only one week so I hope there's a kind soul out there who is willing to help me learn more.

Hmm.. well i changd my background image on mine... but i dont know.. im a bit of an idiot when it comes to changing forum looks i did do something for the main page though
    put this in one of your forum section's Descriptions
    i dont know if this will help.. but thats how i changed my image ONLY for the main page.. cant figure out the rest ...YET.. ;]
    (body background="URL_To_Image")
    ((where the ")" " ("'s are put the standard HTML tags "<" and">"

Well thank you sickness,

I understand what you you're saying. I'll try it.

Sad...support forums and after two weeks of waiting the only support I get is from another newbie. Where are the mods?

Quote Originally Posted by sickness6661
    Hmm.. well i changd my background image on mine... but i dont know.. im a bit of an idiot when it comes to changing forum looks i did do something for the main page though
    put this in one of your forum section's Descriptions
    i dont know if this will help.. but thats how i changed my image ONLY for the main page.. cant figure out the rest ...YET.. ;]
    (body background="URL_To_Image")
    ((where the ")" " ("'s are put the standard HTML tags "<" and">"
    Nice input their mate.

Quote Originally Posted by paknman
    Well thank you sickness,

Sad...support forums and after two weeks of waiting the only support I get is from another newbie. Where are the mods?
    Almost all BizHat Staffs are busy as of the moment. :D

Quote Originally Posted by paknman
    Well thank you sickness,

No problem... :lol: I've done my fair share of HTML work on things.. I know how much of a headache it can become..... i do hope u can figure it out man :D if u need any more info w/ HTML.. just ask.. I may be of some help :-)