Thread: Sup, any1 have a linix site?

Default Sup, any1 have a linix site?

hey just wonderin if any1 has a linix site where i can get it, cant seem to find the lastest linux :cry:

Default Re: Sup, any1 have a linix site?

Quote Originally Posted by manizle
    hey just wonderin if any1 has a linix site where i can get it, cant seem to find the lastest linux :cry:
    You wanna try Linux.Org. 8)

yeah i seen that but where can i download the install .exe, you know wat i mean? like suttin i can burn to a cd and install on a computer then do wateva i want???

Quote Originally Posted by manizle
    yeah i seen that but where can i download the install .exe, you know wat i mean? like suttin i can burn to a cd and install on a computer then do wateva i want???
    Which distro do you want? Linux is not like Windows, there is no one source. A few of the popular ones are Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora. Unfortunately I can't post any links yet, but if you do a search on those names you should come up with their web sites. Depending on your hardware, if you're using a top end, brand-new computer, Fedora would be the way to go, they tend to be the most up to date, but that also means some bugs. If you're looking for more stability, and have a computer that isn't full of very recent technology, go with Ubuntu.

Default Get Slackware or SuSE Linux

I will recommend Slackware Linux, the oldest and most UNIX like linux distro ever. It is simple, it simply works, no extra bells and whistles.

Get is at

www dot slackware dot com

Speaking of stability, Slackware Linux is more stable than any linux distro. It has less or no modification from various application authors.

They say, Slackware simply works. When you install it, and configure how you want it to be, it works.

Simplicity is what make Slackware distinguished from other distro.

by the way, I've noticed you don't know anything about linux.

You're even asking for install.exe, but linux doesn't run EXE natively.

I suggest you try opensuse linux. at www dot opensuse dot org and get its latest version 10.2, it has user friendly installer and interface. You get its 5 CD, burn it, then boot on the first CD to install SuSE.

you can also take a look into desktopbsd
    its simple to install only needs a single disk and is good for a new user