Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how will i make a new web site ?

Default how will i make a new web site ?

i am anew user. i don't know how to build a website. then i came to know about this site name.i have registered but not signed up yet.i need to post 5 topics but after that how will i proceed.please help me out of this problem. :D :? :oops: :evil:

Default Web design

Learn some html basics and put your content in a file named index.html. Upload it to the server using ftp program flashftp.exe is available for free download at www.bizhat.com.

When you register, you will get a user name and password. Using the username and password upload your index.html to the server. When you type your domain name in browser, the site will get displayed.

To build a web site, you must know about HTML tags and commands. Otherwise you can not build it...

Well thats not quite true. You can use web builder sites that you dont have to know html such as site build it. But of course then you have to pay (but not much)

try webpagemaker program it's easily to build your site

Start easy first, using a webpage maker, try googleing an html webpage maker.

this will allow you to make your webpage and become familiar with coding. Then when you get more advance you can take some stuff out and get more fluent with the coding. Sooner or later the best pages are made with simple notepad and the knowledge of html and css.

The way a couple of my friends learned was a more gradual approach that yields more immediate results. (I'm more of a trial by fire, memorize the documentation for a language kind of person, but to each his own)

Try finding a template that looks similar to what you want in a webpage. Then, be sure to alter it until it fits what you want perfectly. Try adding features (from other online sources if need be) for a couple of days. After a few days, you will most likely have a comprehensive understanding of what each piece of your code does. Once you go through it a couple of times, you will understand what corresponds to what over multiple files (templates nowadays usually come with a CSS style sheet). From here its just a matter of time as you begin to write your own code to move things around. Oh, and always retype things out instead of copy and pasting. This will help you learn the various tags and structure of a language. Finally, if you want to actively learn a language (not just by picking up tricks along the way), I suggest taking a class in High School, or Uni (sorry, I don't know your age). Once you learn one type of language, its very easy to pick up on another, Java helps with C++, etc.

Good luck!

You can try using a program for building your website. I srongly recommend you use Macromedia Dreamwevaer 8. Its the perfect program for the job and has both designer and programmer functions =)

GL

If you can't afford to buy Dreamweaver or a program similar to it, I suggest using the Page Builder for Geocities. Register, and then log in and go to the Page Builder. Make sure you have pop ups unblocked because the Page Builder will be a pop up window. You can use the builder to make the web site without having to worry about any code.

(I would've given you the link for Geocities but I've made less than 5 posts so I can't.)

Here is your first page. Save this as index.htm in the root folder of your site.
    All you have to do now is improve on this.

<html>
    <head>
    <title>HI</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <h1>Welcome to my Site</h1>
    </body>
    </html>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast