Thread: FireFox extension to edit CSS in a sidebar panel

Default FireFox extension to edit CSS in a sidebar panel

For those of you who are using Firefox as browser, there is a very useful extension available that allows you to edit the stylesheet information of the pages you are viewing. It's called editCSS. The CSS of the page appears in a sidebar panel, and allows you not only to view the code, but also to make changes to it. The changes affect the page immediately, so you can see the result directly. Here is the link:
    http://editcss.mozdev.org/installation.html

I've tried it before (I still have it installed, but meh). Unfortunately, it took an unusual amount of processing power to run; on my 3.2GHz P4+HT with 1GB RAM, my computer nearly ground to a halt. Perhaps it just doesn't like my system. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Pathoschild
    I've tried it before (I still have it installed, but meh). Unfortunately, it took an unusual amount of processing power to run; on my 3.2GHz P4+HT with 1GB RAM, my computer nearly ground to a halt. Perhaps it just doesn't like my system. o.O
    Perhaps, my pc@home is rather poor w.r.t. yours (750MHz,512RAM) and I have completely no problem. Don't even feel it running. Computer@work is similar to yours - still no problem. I also have it for some time now, and i use it often when i have to look at someone elses page. You should try the last version, maybe you have an old, buggy one.

So, how is it going with you website? Can we already see something?

B.t.w., now that i have php i also implemented the "IE png transparency fix" with php, so i now use no javascript. :)

College is taking up all my free time (and a good chunk of my sleeping time) lately, so I haven't been able to do anything for my site for a while. The semester's almost over though, so I'll finish it then. :roll: