Thread: How does one manage to get banned from their own website?

Default How does one manage to get banned from their own website?

How does something like this happen if you are the sole site "owner"?

"You have been banned from this forum.
    Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.
    "

This is the message I received this morning when I clicked on my website address from my favorites list. How do I go about correcting this? Has my site been cracked or...WHAT???? If so, what do I do about it?

*** AMENDMENT ***
    This problem has somehow been resolved, thank goodness! It had to have been some sort of weird fluke. I just hope it doesn't happen again. If BizHat Admin or any BizHat Moderators have any idea as to how to prevent this from happening again or have any suggestions as to how to get around it if it should ever happen again, I would be happy to hear about it!
    Thanks,
    ladyinthemists

How many members have admin privileges on your forum. Perhaps someone is playing with you ?

thunder11

I am the sole Admin on my site. After this happened today, however, I did delete all cookies and history from my computer and then shut it down for a while. When I turned my computer back on again and tried pulling up my site, it worked fine. Some weird glitch perhaps but a really scary one at that! I have had this site for almost a year now and have never before encountered anything like this. How could this type of thing have happened? Could someone possibly crack my site and do this sort of thing? And, how would a site "owner" protect him/herself from anything like this ever actually happening? Help, BizHat Admin!!!

There is no real protection against something like that. I suggest you to post the link to your forum and let the BizHat admins do their job. Later ladyinthemists!

thunder11

Okay...this has happened...AGAIN!! What in the world is going on with this??? I have pm'd and sent e-mails to the BizHat Mods and Admin but as I haven't seen any of them posting in a while I don't know when I will get any reply back from any of them. This is totally frustrating and aggravating. HELP BizHat Support folks!!! And QUICKLY, please!!

Once again...miraculously able to log in again. Thanks, BizHat Admin (I think :?: ).

Now....how do I keep this from ever happening AGAIN?????