Thread: How to clear Spam On Yahoo?

Default How to clear Spam On Yahoo?

My yahoo mail has a lot of spam and many E-mail send to Buld Forlder. How can I clear it and block.

open a message and below you have "spam" button, click on it and you will never recieve any mail from that sender

yahoo allows a blocked senders list.
    check it out. also see the limit (if any) on the number of blocked senders u can add.

my account never been spammed before... so I dont know how to block it

Default The best way out of SPAM is at Yahoo!:

Yahoo supports "AddressGuard". It is a good technology. Use it. This is how it works:

• You create a base name (say khmer)
    • You create a keyword (say bank)
    • Select your Disposable Address Options (say Red color)
    • Click on Setup Address Guard

Now do the following:

When a site (say bank) asks you to to submit your email submit this Disposable Address (say [email protected]).

Now if your bank spams or sells your email you can just delete the "Disposable Addres".

Regards,
    The Antispam Team.

antispam.bizhat.com, thanks for the info. Never know feature like this exists. I will try it as i am getting lot of spams.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Default For more help

For more help on antispaming feel free to visit my google group and post the message at: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Troubleshoot

If you could send me the name of the company that you feel is spamming it could be a great help for me and also I could try to unlist your email address from their database.

Regards,
    The Antispam Team.

I like this guy. there is also the dangerous way of getting rid of spam, by manual unsubscribing from anything that "says" you are subscribed to it. there have been some situations where sites just won't stop, some that say "hey! this guy open the message! lets continue to send stuff" or give your information to sites... it's been done before. But I'll tell you, it does work.

when I started out on a hotmail account, I would always send junk mail to the the blocked address list. than I filled up all 150 slots... So I deleted my block list and got almost 300 spam messages in 2 days. I manually went through each one and said "unsubscibe me" or deleted them if they didn't have that.

I repeated for 3 days.

since then I get AT MOST 3-10 spam messages a week, and I did this like 2 years ago. ^^

but this may not necessarily work for broadcast type mail.
    like the mail i get. its from strange people. and it isnt addressed to me.(unless its in bcc).
    and worst of all, all have attachments and are virusses.
    i would say, yahoo is doing a very good job with the spam.