Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Designing for the beginers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Web Designing for the beginers

Hello Everyone,
    I have seen this entire forum and found that there is no specific data from where a newbie can learn HTML.

So this is my start.

First of all who ever wants to get into web designing please read below stuff:
    1. Web Designing can get you addicted to it and you may leave your other interests and ambitions once you become a master of web design and get paid by designing sites.
    2. BEfore you decide to learn make it a point not to get to involved if you just want to do it as a fun.

OK so the first step of web designing is to get a book called:
    "Learn HTML is 24 hours - Sams Publication"

You can also read the contents of this book online at:
    http://www.24hourhtmlcafe.com

I'll give more information soon.

Trying to learn HTML in 24 hours is, I think, very much a bad idea. At the least, a couple months should be spent learning the intricacies of the language. For example, I doubt that book gets very far past the fundamentals, or includes information related to the use of CSS or standards conformance.

The best way to learn is to go to a personal website, copy the entire source code, and experiment with that. You shouldn't try to experiment with the code of some professional sites, because the HTML can become somewhat complex.

Default hi

hi,
    Well your idea is great. But it leads you no where. Thouands of websites are launched everyday and among them 900 look the same. People use graphics and animations just because they know how to create them.

That shows when a web designer is properly educated or not. Today all fields of art are connected to science. There is also a science of website designing. This is created by the master designers.

Do you know some sites look great even when they have used very few colors, thats because they know the theory. A practical knowledge in any field is nothing without a knowing the theory.

One should always read a book first. Then he should do what you said as to study simple sites and see how they are built.

The main fact is:
    First we have to learn how tables are made. Then as we dont have any ideas at first we have to look at websites how they have used tables and put them into one another to create beautiful websites.

But how the hell will you understand when you know nothing and you directly go and look at the codes.

Did you knew what ABCD was until somebody thaught.

Use your brains, GOD has given us plenty, use some common sence

And regarding the bookm any dumb person will know that a book which says that it will teach you something in 24 hours is a sentence which logically means that within few days you can learn it.

Before you comment on anything why dont u look at their website n find out yourself and then give your comments.

There is no need to waste precious computer space just to put your stupid comments.

Anyways
    Bye

Well, sorry for wasting so many bytes of precious data. Why, we're almost running out of space already! There's no need to be so haughty. I did indeed visit the site. I never said the book was useless, I said (directly quoted), "Trying to learn HTML in 24 hours is, I think, very much a bad idea". Let's go look at this website, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.24hourhtmlcafe.com
    The quickest way to learn HTML is by example. The four quick-reference pages below use every common HTML tag in a context that makes it obvious how each tag works. Click on a link below to see how the page looks in your Web browser. Then select View | Page Source in Netscape Navigator or View | Source in Microsoft Internet Explorer to see the actual HTML tags.
    Well. Will you look at that. Are my "stupid comments" that "waste precious computer space" somehow echoed by their website? Could it be because the book is a complement to learning HTML, not a complete teacher? No, of course not.

As a matter of fact, I learned what 'ABCD' was from my mother before and in school, but learned HTML entirely by looking at source codes. I've never read a single HTML book and am in my first semester of professional training. As the website itself says, cited above, "The quickest way to learn HTML is by example."

You should not insult another poster even if he his opinions differ from yours, especially if his comments are justified by the website you cite.

Default you really proved you have no brains

AS you said your mom thaught you ABCD. SO someone thaught you first. So i am trying to explain the same thing stupid that you need to know something first and you can learn it.

What the hell will you know when you look at something strange.

And regarding you. You are doing a professional training. Just like you there are a thousands out there who get a training and design crap and put them online coz they dont know the basics.

This post was intented to educate the beginners and not waste my time with you so if you have anyshame and dignity left then please dont post here coz it wastes my time reading your stupid comments

Insulting another poster is not a viable way to solve disputes. If you can't stand comments, a forum may not be the best place for you. This is especially true considering I wasn't even arguing against you; I was pointing out that the book can only be part of learning HTML. A beginner reading the book is unlikely to pop up onto the labour market designing professional pages the next week. The book is a complement to experimentation and exploration.

I've been designing websites for four and a half years. I've been in professional webdesign training for roughly three months. I'm not sure what you're insinuating when you say that thousands of people like me take "training and design crap and put them online coz they dont know the basics." Is career, professional webdesign a bad thing?

But regardless; I've pointed out what I wanted to point out, whatever you may think about my opinions. I forsook flame wars when I was thirteen years old (I have no idea why it took so long, either ). I won't waste any further time responding to misguided insults.

Default u r an idiot

You are an idiot and i can only say that to you. Get lost and dont waste my time.

u r pathetic pathos

There is no need to waste precious computer space just to put your stupid comments.
    Not every one here are experts and you have no right to insult others. In a forum, any user can post there views.

It is possible to study HTML just by looking to other web sites code. I studied HTML that way only. I don't say that is the easy way. I used that way because i don't have an HTML books or tutorials available at that time.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

dreamselite banned for misbehaving in the forum.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast