Thread: Long sales copy versus short sales copy.

Default Long sales copy versus short sales copy.

I am a believer in long sales copy. The long sales copy I've used on my site has worked much better at converting visitors than the short sales copy. But then I have a higher ticket sales item ($99).

I'm starting to see, though, sales copy that goes beyond the description "long"--ENORMOUS would be a better world, or NEVER-ENDING.

Honestly, I -never- read all of that copy and almost always get bored and leave the site.

Does this super-ultra-long copy work for anybody?

On the web, people love to scan text rather than read.

The length of your copy is not a determinant of your success, but how easy people are able to get information from it is. So you can always go for a long sales copy provided it is small easily-chewable sections with bullet points for important information.

regards,
    Bejoy

I'm doing that on some of my pages (though they are by no means "never-ending"). So I guess I'm going in the right direction.

Thanks!

Hi.

I will read long copy if the copy consists of detailed descriptions of how a particular product or service will solve my problems. In fact, I find long copy much more useful than short copy if it is for something that would benefit me.

Cheers, Jay