Thread: internet enterprise legislation in the usa ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default internet enterprise legislation in the usa ?

what are the laws in the united states for internet businesses? Do they have to say to the state that they make money via the internet or do they have total freedom ?
    In belgium you have to go trough a very tiring burocrational trail, and i was wondering if this is internationally the case?
    thanks

internet businesses is considered as normal business most part of the world. That is you have to pay all taxes just like offline business.

In belgium you have to go trough a very tiring burocrational trail
    Are you saying internet business need some special registration or it will be illegal ?
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

yes, that's what i mean. From my opinion the laws in belgium are far too complicated to be efficient. Since i know the united states and other countries are better in stimulating entrepreneurship, i thougt maybe the laws are less complicated in those countries. Does anyone know what it takes (in brief) to open a internet company in the united states, or upcoming coutries like India?

In india, you need to register the company as you do for any offline business (you need office to do this). Once this is done, you will be able to start business bank accounts, then need some sales/service tax registration. I think the same is required in USA.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    In india, you need to register the company as you do for any offline business (you need office to do this). Once this is done, you will be able to start business bank accounts, then need some sales/service tax registration. I think the same is required in USA.
    Hi, I would like to know as whether or not selling e-books or book writers at home base need to be registered in USA?

There are many affiliate programs that pay to members for introducing the products to consumers through internet. I suppose a profession or employment is not deemed as a "business' undertaking and need no business registration.

So a person writing as a hobby at home and then sell his e-books through internet needs business registration or not? Normally people want to save the costs of business registration and keeping financial reports etc.

Hope to hear from "the floor".

Well in all honesty there are millions of people who have internet business in the U.S. who have not registered those businesses with local or federal tax agencies. There is not enough man power and to my knowledge it has not been regulated by the government so is it a requirement no, but some people do so that they are not caught up in trouble down the road.

Each state in the U.S. has it is own rules and laws governing businesses as well as each city which has laws for and requires registrations of home businesses.