Thread: C++ Compilers

Default C++ Compilers

I need a Good NEW Compiler lol I don't like Dev C++ For real :roll:

Default get Borland C++ Compiler

get Borland C++ Compiler its the best.... and use edit plus as your script editor

i use visualstudio 2005, this is best compiler,

Default Compilers

Borland C++ and Dev are good, and you can even use them for some resources (Like menus and icons), and depending on what you want to do that might eaisly be enough. But I have been unsuccessful in making much other resources for window programs, without using some visual resource editor (I currently am using Vc++ 6.0).

Don't quote me on it, but to go beyond the basics of window design you will most likely need something more then Borland or Dev. I am still learning too :) so I could be mistaken, but even with the projects I have been unable to do so successfully without Vc++ 6.0 (I actually think it might have something to do with the make file.. but thats neither here nor there).

Note: If you have no intrest in window design, then there is no need to worry, or you can just use Vc++ (Personaly just like Dev) or C# or even VB to make them easier.

I heard of bloodshed, and was recommended by many people on this on forum...

What kind of developers are you anyways :O

I can recommend one of these two, because, simply put, they are the best. I am a computer engineer and use them most of the time, depending on the appliance:

Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition (I use the Visual Studio one but this one is identical and free)

GNU GCC (there is no better complier than this one, simply put. And it's opensource)

I rekon Blooddhead is better than borland. Used it for a while and got some mental errors.

Its hard to beat visual studio though.

Quote Originally Posted by dominhhien
    i use visualstudio 2005, this is best compiler,
    i agree. i love vs2005.