Thread: E-Commerce Site Startup

Default E-Commerce Site Startup

Can anyone tell me how to start up a E-commerce site. What would I need? What's the initial investments besides the actual products I am selling? And anything else I would need to know.. Thanks a bunch!

Well basically you need a shopping cart.
    I'd recommend using joomla+ virtuamart. It's free and easy to use.
    I can even set it up for you if you need to.
    I'd also check all tax and authorization issues in your country.

PM me if you need help.

Default E-com

Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce or eCommerce, consists of the buying and selling of products or services over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks. The amount of trade conducted electronically has grown dramatically since the wide introduction of the Internet. A wide variety of commerce is conducted in this way, including things such as electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, e-marketing, online marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), automated inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web at least some point in the transaction's lifecycle, although it can encompass a wide range of technologies such as e-mail as well.

A small percentage of electronic commerce is conducted entirely electronically for "virtual" items such as access to premium content on a website, but most electronic commerce eventually involves physical items and their transportation in at least some way.