Thread: Buying new pc. need help!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Buying new pc. need help!!!

Hi everyone , i'm planning to buy a new pc. Main use will be Gaming as i can use my old box for programming. But all new games do not run in it most of all video memory problem otherwise too slow. one of my friends told me that AMD is good for gaming as graphics are better than that of intel, however i'm in doubt whether my GeForce from old box will be compatible with it. Can some one suggest me a good Processor/motherboard/AGP combination good for gaming?

As for AMD versus Intel it's shit. Not much difference. For the best
    performance get the latest and greatest. Search in google for
    reviews. May be visit pcworld.com and read reviews.

I really like Intel for my game programming and so far, my game looks great so that’s what I would suggest

there are lots of topics at
    www.thinkdigit.com/forum

AMD is much slower than intel leh!!

I use an intel P4 3.06 that I purchased thru Pricewatch.com there are to many levels of price today to say which is better or worse depends on how much you want to spend. If you want to the exterme the AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Socket 939, is about as fast as you can get but it wil cost ya. At the mid level "around 450.00 you will not see much of a speed difference either way.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by syhs89
    AMD is much slower than intel leh!!
    AMD's, like The Pentium M series (Centrino), are optimized for better performance while using less processing power (and therefore gets less hot and uses less power, but not by much). The relative proccessing speed is no longer a valid benchmark, though it is still widely used. Intel has infact moved away from using proc. speed as the benchmark, ans has started using a comprehensive benchmark that incorporates more variables.

Watch when 64 bit OS's and applications are openly available to the average consumer. AMD will go through the roof, though the Centrino will have a diffinative edge in the notebook market.

the newer AMD prossesors are faster than the same type Intel prossesors.
    Intel used to be be faster cause of hyperthreading and such, but AMD are faster now.
    :D

EDIT:ok. let me clairify.
    AMD's and Intel speeds are pretty close to each other, but AMD's cool faster than Intel Chips and AMD's are easier to overclock.

If you really want to spend some money get the Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition. They start out around $900 though. It really depends on what games you are going to run for how you want to build the system. I would get an Intel Pentium 4 processor, preferrably Hyper Threading, at least 2.5 GHz, an Intel motherboard, and an ATI Radeon 9550 or higher, with at least 128 MB RAM onboard. Also I would put XP Home Edition on there, not Pro. Only because of compatibility reasons. I hope that helped.