Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop Smoking?

Default Stop Smoking?

hi guys!
    how can i stop smoking? i tried to quit many times now but somehow i start it again and again..
    who knows some tricks? someone tried hypnosis or s.o. like that? i don't believe in a 'magic pill'
    but there must be a way.
    thx enlandskegine

I would say the best way is to make a chart, and each week decrease the amount you are smoking per day by a reasonable amount like 1 or 2. Otherwise you will have a strong craving and won't be able to fight the urge.

I quit smoking almost 4 years ago, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life up to this point. It is not only a physical addiction (like a bad habit that you just can't stop doing) but also a chemical dependency (you start to nic-fit if you don't have a smoke). You need to take care of both symptoms. I used the patch (Nicoderm CQ) to wean me off of nicotine over the course of 8 weeks. This helped keep the headaches, irritability, and nicotine fits at a manageable level. I had lots of sucking candies and mints to keep my mouth occupied if I felt like I wanted a cigarette.

Before I was successful it took 3 tries to actually quit smoking entirely. If you are going to quit, DO IT! NO CHEATING! If you can't do it, try again some other time when you are mentally prepared to go through with the entire quitting regimen. Not all quitting remedies will work for everyone, so my story may give you some help, but it may not work for you. There are many quit aids out there, so figure out what kind of smoker you are and use the right tool for the job.

I hope you are successful in your quitting attempt. It is really difficult but if you really want to do it, you can do it.

I have tried to quit many times but have had no sucess yet. I guess I am just not ready.

There is a new medication out now other than Ziban... did I spell that right? LOL! I will have to find out what it is and let you know. Maybe I'll even give it a try.

Default Can Quit smoking

Passive smoking is more dangerous than the smoking. Your smoking will affect the health of your near and dear ones. So try to quit from smoking.

You can eat toffees when you have the tempatation. Leave the place for a while, go for a long travel, attend a meditation or prayer program. Firstly you have to convince your mind that it is harmful to your health and pocket.

If your mind accepts the fact, then it is easy for you to quit smoking. It can be done!.

The mind power is superior to all the strengths. Believe, my father and uncle quit smoking. They were chain smokers. You can live without smoking.

Stay away from smokers, you will hate the smell of smoke. Convince yourself, you can overcome the trouble.

I was a smoker of twenty-thirty hard cigarettes a day during twenty years. I tried to smoke fewer cigarettes and did not succeed. I tried to renounce completely several times and did not succeed. After two or even six months, I started again, of course only with a “good” cigarette for the beginning. Finally, I came to the conclusion that I am a man without enough will. Then I decided to do something seriously. Continuing to smoke, I tried to identify the moments when I am tempted to smoke, the cause of them, and some reasons for stopping me to do it. Any moment brings its particular reasons for smoking and need the fitting contra-arguments. For example: “I do not smoke for three weeks; it would be a pity to waste my efforts just now” or “It is not the moment to take a decision now (I am not in the right moment for it); I will analyse tomorrow if it is the case or not to smoke again”. Above all, I tried to indoctrinate myself how bad is to smoke (particularly after a long night with drink and many cigarettes) and how well I feel not smoking. After a month or two (I do not remember exactly) of such “indoctrination”, I said: NOW. From this moment on I will not smoke. There are more then thirty years now.
    And a reason more: a smoker is always an unpleasant person for non-smokers. If there are people you really like, think of it.
    Success!

When I gave up smoking i've started eating enstead...be aware

Default heard of chewing gums..

I have heard of chewing gums which give the essense of cigarattes..so that when u chew those u don't require cigars...Hence you can avoid...

Identify the times you are most likely to smoke. For example, do you tend to smoke when feeling stressed? When you are out at night with friends? While you are drinking coffee? When you are bored? While you are driving?

Keep a diary to help you determine such risky times. Record each time you have a cigarette, including time of day and what you are doing.

Make a plan about what you will do instead of smoking at those times that you are most likely to smoke. For example, drink tea instead of coffee -- tea may not trigger the desire for a cigarette. Or, take a walk when feeling stressed. Remove ashtrays and cigarettes from the car. Place pretzels or hard candies there instead. Pretend-smoke with a straw.

Let all of your friends, family, and co-workers know of your plan to stop smoking and your quit date. Just being aware that they know can be a helpful reminder and motivator.

Prior to your quit date, start reducing your cigarette use, including decreasing the number and strength of the cigarettes. However, DON'T do this simply to make your diary "look good!" Get rid of all of your cigarettes just prior to the quit date and clean out anything that smells like smoke, such as clothes and furniture.

I cant stop smoking. I like cigars!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast