Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Firefox over Internet Explorer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mozilla Firefox over Internet Explorer

Perhaps its better to have Firefox, seeing as you all need more security, and IE is full of security holes.

You could argue that Windows XP SP 2 sounds like it patches things up, but many people claim that it does nothing but bad for windows.

As with security you need to grab some 3rd Party programs for protection.

yes, I use firefox, and ive found it to be alot more reliable and secure then IE. as for service pack 2, its a pretty good fix ive found, although you have to change alot of settings in it to prvent it from screwing with all your other programs

once again, the age old discussion of what may be better, or is, depending on who you are talking about. This is how I see it. Of all the people that use the internet as part of thier daily lives, maybe 10% of them actually care about which is more secure or which one is cooler and what not. The reason why people stick with IE is for 3 reasons: It comes with 99% of the computers sold in retail stores (like best buy, compUSA or wherever you go), It is "backed" by the company that makes the OS of that 99% number I gave just a moment ago, and finally, it is by far the most compatible web browser, because everything else on the web was written for IE support.

This doesn't say that anything else is bad, it's just that many get used to IE to the point that they not dare touch another browser.

You should Always have 3rd party security programs regardless of whatyou are using, and security? it may have more security, but mozilla browsers are just basically Netscape Navigator 4 on steroids (god bless Netscape Navigator, it brought internet to the common man.)

Firefox is the better web browser.
    It isnt stolen, its the same as the old netscape browser.
    I started to use it because i got tired of the unwanted plugins and spyware brought to me by the internet.
    Still no problems with mozilla

actually Firefox is a Subsidiary version of mozilla with better features at a smaller file size, with buttons that aren't from netscape navigator. I would perfer firefox over Mozilla anyways.

And the only reason why you kept on getting plugins and spyware in IE is in actuality one or more of these three reasons.
    • You dowloaded them yourself (thorugh a free program that you wanted)
    • You obviously did not pay ANY attention to the warnings or messages that IE gives when a plugin or peice of software trys to install itself.
    • Or maybe it's becasue you had your security setting at rock bottom. =/

Oh, yes, Firefox is teh Browser. :)
    But i'm also using Maxthon because some javascripts aren't supported in Firefox. And Maxthon is much better than the normal IE.

wars over which web browser is worthless. basically all it is doing is bringing up who's perfered browser is.

Maxthon? never heard of it, maybe I'll try it out some day.

firefox - memmory managment and security feature is definately much better than IE. I dont want to repeat again..

http://forums.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=3164&start=60

Firefox- better sequrity,gogle search bar in upper corner and its not from mocrosoft:)

firefox, ie, netscape, opera ... blah .. i'll go for good ol lynx any day, fastest, smallest and the most secure browser i've ever browsed with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast