Thread: Forum open to all

Default Forum open to all

How do i lock the threads to those who are not members,the guests can read all the posts on the forum.

Default Forum Permissions

Hello Braveheart,

In order to prevent all users from viewing your forums, you will want to set permissions on the Administrative side of the forum. To do so, follow these steps:

Log in as an Admin - On the bottom of the home page for your forum, select "Go to Administration Panel" and then type in the Admin username and password.

Once on the admin page, on the left side of the screen, select "Permissions" under "Forum Admin".

After selecting Permissions, you will see on the top middle of the screen a box that says "Select a Forum". From the drop down menu, select the forum you wish to set permissions on. Once selected, click on "Look up Forum"

Here you will have two options: Simple Permissions Mode and Advanced Permissions Mode. I personally have my forum permissions set to simple, being that I am failry new to it. But if you would like to set permissions under Simple mode, you can choose the type of permissions a user has on a forum by choosing a level of permission from the drop down menu. Some examples from the drop down options are:

Public - All users have access to the forum and are able to post.
    Registered - Users need to register in order to post in the forum. It is visible to all users.
    Reigetered [Hidden] - Registered users are only able to post and view this forum, but non-registered users can view the forum or post.

Once you have set the level of permission of a forum, save your changes. You can now set different levels of permissions on other forums if you wish.

Hopefully you get the concept. I might have some incorrect information in here, so if anyone comes accross this post and wants to correct it, feel free to do so.

Many thanks for your reply Kings0vell my problen is now sorted,Thanks :D

Cool, no problem. I am new to Bizhat, but I am glad that my post helped you out.