Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: File could not be uploaded

Default File could not be uploaded

http://ezromation.bizhat.com

thats my site. I cant upload at the moment. In the details section it just says :File could not be uploaded

Im just trying to upload html files and jpegs, nothing particularly unusual. I thought at first it was because I was trying to overwrite files so I deleted a file from the server but this did not help......infact you can see that my menubar is now missing and my site is screwed with out it :shock:

can some one tell me whats going on or if they are having a similar problem.

hey...ezromation

i saw your site..but i cant see your left menu(left frame)

i think you made two html pages
    1,MenuBar.html
    2,Gallery.html

please cheak do you upload your MenuBar.html

keep in mind that bizhat hosting is on linux servers. so the lettercase matters. its always a good practice to name files in small letters. so on servers, menubar.html is different from MenuBar.html.

when you change the filename make sure its changed in code too.

Yes the menu bar is missing it is called MenuBar.html and has always been called that, I deleted the file and now cannot upload it. My problem is that I cannot upload anything, does upper case and lower case effect uploading????

I frankly doubt it, but if this is the case please let me know

please follow the Guttu post then you have any doubts plz post here

##-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------##
    "I never worry about action, but only about inaction"-sanils
    ##-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------##

Upper Case lower case has nothing to do with it, it just wont upload. I have tried it both ways.

I dont think you really understand what my problem is I am trying to upload files using FTP and I get the error message File could not be uploaded

if you look at the picture you can see that MenuBar.html is not in the list of html files, because I havent managed to upload it. The problem with my menu bar is not a web design problem it has always been called MenuBar.html and it has been working fine for around 7 months on the Bizhat server with no problems... the problem is I deleted it and cannot RE up load it.

I also cannot upload :
    crab.jpg
    tncrab.jpg
    flashbulletpoint.swf

or.......anything

this is a new problem that I have not seen before as you can see I have many files uploaded and have been updating deleting and uploading files using Bizhat for years now. can someone please help? is any one else having trouble uploading at the moment?

ok. so you cannot upload anything. in that case i suggest you to try uploading with different client. Use FTP client such as FlashFXP or FIlezilla to upload.
    If the problem still persists contact forum admin Nokia with all details including username-password

ok thanks guys
    I will have to try that later as I am at work. but will give it a go with filezilla tonight.

cheers

Ok so i have been bad and fixed my website while I was supposed to be doing my day job. The menu bar is fixed and I got my new header in and a few new game models.

And I can say thanks Guttu I was able to upload my files using FlashFXP. :D

Ok great but just one more thing is there a free version of this software as FlashFXP is just a trial version is there any freeware out there that I can use instead as I am only a poor artist

The 2 free clients are good
    Filezilla and smartFTP.

I sugeest to go for filezilla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast