Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the introduction of adverts to the forums?

Default Why the introduction of adverts to the forums?

I accept and I'm grateful that these forums are provided for free but I am disappointed that adverts have suddenly been added to the forum by Bizhat with no warning.

I would gladly pay to get rid of these ads as they serve no purpose other than to clutter the forum and spoil the appearance.

Many thanks

I believe BizHat policy changed. I hope that includes ability to download complete DB of our forums. :D

As far as i know there were adverts in the free forums and they are removed after a small fee. free webhosting is without any adverts.

That's great then. Just direct me to the right place and I'll happily pay the small fee :D

Stretch

Funny but I don't recall the ads before either. Perhaps they were stationary and now some of them are irritatingly animated. It wouldn't be so bad if some of these ads didn't flash, change around or be otherwise animated. That really does tend to be very irritating. If they were just there and kept STILL, I could bear them much easier but all this unnecessary movement at the top of the screen is a pain in the patootie.... :roll:

It is $10 to remove the ads. I found the link to it on the BizHat phpBB FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkely
    It is $10 to remove the ads. I found the link to it on the BizHat phpBB FAQ.
    yeah but for how long? 6 months? 1 year? forever? sheesh....just goes to show you, "free" is never really free :roll:

It says "one time fee", so I would hope that meant forever...

There was links before, at the bottom of the page which was fine. That is completely different to what has now appeared :( These seriously mess up the look of the forum. Can we have at least the ability to reposition them?

I will check out the web site and pay the fee, but I would have hoped that we would have been notified, it would have be good business manners.

If we keep (or have to keep) the ads, can we at least have some say or a list of ads so we can ensure they are appropriate to the site as it is our users who are being targeted by this marketing.
    This could be added onto the configuration page and if we have to have a minimum number at least they would be appropriate.

i.e. you don't want alcohol related adverts on an alcoholic recovery forum!

That's a good point. Most of the ads seem to be for hosting. I am curious if anyone who has removed them if "all ads" were removed or it just removed the flashy ones and put the links back on the bottom. I put a donation link up to raise the measley 10 bucks to remove them... I am up to 2 bucks! Hah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast