Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable Amazing Facts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unbelievable Amazing Facts

The blue whale is the largest animal on earth.The heart of a blue whale is as big as a car ,and it's tongue is as long as an elephant

Fishes cannot live in the Dead Sea because the water has too much salt in it.

Blue whales are the largest animals of all time. Females grow to a length of 79 to 89 feet, weighing well over 100 tons. The heaviest blue whale ever weighed was more than 190 tons, and the longest ever measured was more than 108 feet long.
    but
    I was reading several areas about the largest
    (longest?) animal on earth.i just found this news "This was give as the blue whale. However,
    at our class for the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the head marine scientist
    has stated that the largest animal on earth is a Sea Jelly (aka
    jellyfish). I believe the length he gave was 126 feet, which is longer
    than a Blue whale."

what about this??? :?: :?: :?:

What about the giant squid.Is said to be even 150 feet long(unofficially). :o
    Quote Originally Posted by sanils View Post
    Blue whales are the largest animals of all time. Females grow to a length of 79 to 89 feet, weighing well over 100 tons. The heaviest blue whale ever weighed was more than 190 tons, and the longest ever measured was more than 108 feet long.
    but
    (longest?) animal on earth.i just found this news "This was give as the blue whale. However,
    than a Blue whale."

Smile Making of Eiffel Tower

Making of Eiffel Tower

The Eiffel Tower is an iron tower built on the Champ de Mars beside the River Seine in Paris. The tower has become a global icon of France and is one of the most recognizable structures in the world. The Parisian landmark is the tallest structure in Paris and one of the most recognized structures in the world and is named after its designer, engineer Gustave Eiffel.

The structure was built between 1887 and 1889 as the entrance arch for the Exposition Universelle, a World's Fair marking the centennial celebration of the French Revolution. The structure of the Eiffel Tower weighs 7,300 tons. Depending on the ambient temperature the top of the tower may shift away from the sun by up to 18 cm (7 in) due to thermal expansion of the metal on the side facing the sun. The tower also sways 6-7 cm (2-3 in) in the wind.

The tower was inaugurated on 31 March 1889, and opened on 6 May. Three hundred workers joined together 18,038 pieces of puddled iron (a very pure form of structural iron), using two and a half million rivets, in a structural design by Maurice Koechlin. The risk of accident was great, for unlike modern skyscrapers the tower is an open frame without any intermediate floors except the two platforms. Yet because Eiffel took safety precautions including use of movable stagings, guard-rails and screens, only one man died.

Smile

At the time the tower was built many people were shocked by its daring shape. Gustave Eiffel was criticised for the design and accused of trying to create something artistic, or inartistic according to the viewer, without regard to engineering. Eiffel and his engineers, as renowned bridge builders however, understood the importance of wind forces and knew that if they were going to build the tallest structure in the world they had to be certain it would withstand the wind.

Since the beginning of the 20th century, the tower has been used for radio transmission. Until the 1950s, an occasionally modified set of antenna wires ran from the summit to anchors on the Avenue de Suffren and Champ de Mars. They were connected to long-wave transmitters in small bunkers; in 1909, a permanent underground radio centre was built near the south pillar and still exists today. On 20 November 1913 the Paris Observatory, using the Eiffel Tower as an antenna, exchanged sustained wireless signals with the United States Naval Observatory which used an antenna in Arlington, Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by sanilss View Post
    but
    than a Blue whale."

it is a new information. thank u very much.

Quote Originally Posted by sanilss View Post
    but
    than a Blue whale."

what about this???
    The pelican uses the funny looking pouch under its lower beak for catching fish.It does this by swooshing in to the water and scooping up as many fish as possible.

The heaviest fish ever caught was the OCEAN SUNFISH. It weighed 4,928 lbs.

The swordtail is the fastest swimmer of all the fish

How could i use this web -_-

I really wanted to send a small word to say thanks to you for the fantastic points you are writing on forums.bizhat.com. My time-consuming internet lookup has at the end been honored with extremely good ideas to exchange with my pals. I ‘d express that many of us site visitors actually are extremely endowed to exist in a notable community with so many lovely individuals with useful points. I feel really fortunate to have used your webpage and look forward to so many more fun moments reading here. Thanks a lot again for a lot of things. good luck

very good publish, i certainly love this web site, carry on it best wishes!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast