View Poll Results: Wat internet connection do u have?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • DSL

29 49.15%
  • Cable

23 38.98%
  • Satellite

0 0%
  • Dial-up

7 11.86%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Which Do You Have Dial-up, Dsl, Cable, Satilite Or Other

i have dsl, with 3 Mmb download speed..nice

Most DSL kicks Cables ***, due to the fact that the lines that the Phone company uses can cary more information then a Cable Companys Lines, Verizons phone network is Full Fiber to there "access servers" and well cable Companys havent spent the money and invested in a Fiber network yet, but its comen.

The cable is here in the netherlands stable and i pay around 45 euro's for it (per month)

if i can use a Satellite to connect to internet, I think it would be quite fast, but that's too too too too too expensive, so , I can only use cable:(

Do not believe what they say about DSL compared to Cable. there is a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) difference in speed, cable being way ahead. the only thing DSL has going for it is that upload rates on DSL are generally much faster, which can be important if you upload a lot, but as I said, Cable is much faster than what DSL providers want you to know about. I know this because I have both, 1 in one house, and one in another (my parents are separated), And both houses are near respective backbones. Though the ISP usage is different in the respective areas so that might contribute...

of course this is responce is better suited for those who have standard cable(COAX) or standard DSL(RJ-11). with the steady switch to fiberoptics, the internet is getting faster and faster.

Just a quick note to those in love with fiber optics; becasue of the nature of the signal, you cannot use FO's for more than about 125 feet without using a line conditioner, whereas ethernet cables can span easily 500 feet and telephone cables even farther. Plus you can just crimp fiberoptic cable. much too sensitive, difficult, and expensive to do. But I won't disagree with that insane upl/dlw rate.

dsl 256 kbps soon it will upgrade to 512 kbps but it has 3gb Monthly Transfers limit

Id know alot about cable bud, www.mandgweb.com

And ive yet to see a competitors (in the cable biz) That have a network that can match up to ANY of the larger DSL networks. No one not even Comcast can compare to Verizon or New Edge Networks. We more on the broadcasting, if we offer DSL in there area we provide it, and if we dont we recomend em to New Edge and get dough for it.

And id like you to find a broadband company that offer the speed I have to my front door cheaper that 60.00 a month. My verizon line kicks the *** out of anything else around.

The only thing with cable is, you never near a backbone, u might think you are, but your near a switch, which is just one big line from another switch, the backbone is generally in our case close to the middle of town. And it depends on the Coax you use, if you use the cable that came with the modem its gunna be differnt, if you use Coax (6) as they call it that DirecTV installers use, that coax rocks. Now a cable company will USE coax that looks like it to fool you, but its not, its to expensive. No another thing, the Company, with cable, it depends on the COMAPNY, if you have say Comcast it gunna be ALOT faster than say Mediacom, due to the fact that comcast has the money to replace the cable lines, Mediacom will but only around there main Hub (where there corp building is most likely) now ive herd people say that Charter is the best, bull sh*** charter is worse that Galaxy Cable. Charters network is so old. They wont put in new lines till the old ones go. I could keep going but ive got a meeting tmara, I will finish some time later......

Garrett Reardon

got DSL 512/256 kbps bretty happy with it because i got dial up before...

Normaly in belgium we have a limited to 10GB adsl line...(3300/256)

But i'm on another providers who is unlimited but it's often crash :) we can't have all we want !(1024/382)

DSL -> ok , but I don't like the dialer <dynamic IP>
    Cables -> Used to have ... Loved it <static IP , no dialer> .
    Related to more technical info + BW , I don't care so much... As long as it works and it's not phone dial-up connection .

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast